Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Upstream"

The Graphics are all pixels, because its Pixel art. Controls work well enough with mo issue. If you like collecting fish, than this is the game for you. You should be able to sell the fish. That way you could buy upgrades or new equipment. There is so much potential to make this game more interesting, and much better.

After all that, nothing? You did some things right. The soundtrack is nice. The fish in the cave should have been a boss, or something more than nothing. It needed upgrades, rewards for side quests. What am I, everybody's fish servant? The map is smooth. You did alright on the fish fight. Hints on fish locations would help. This feels very very incomplete.

This game reminds me of the old pokemon great game!

You should make this an actual games
but you need to make it have a place where you can sell fish

Game seems to have a lot of potential and charm, but at the moment I found it a bit lacking and got bored quickly. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate the big world and all the people you can talk to and the quests they give out, but for me, it felt a bit too overwhelming and directionless. I just wasn't sure if there was some sort of bigger goal I was supposed to be going for, or some sort of trick to help figure out where to go or where you can catch certain fish. Without that, it just felt like all I could do was wander around and hope I randomly catch the fish someone wants. At the very least, It'd be nice if, say, I found a quest to catch an angelfish, if I could look into the almanac and figure out where angelfish like to roam, or say like whether its a freshwater or saltwater fish, and then maybe cross-reference with a map to try and find a spot to fish for it. Unfortunately, without anything like that, the chillness of the game didn't last long and I ended up losing interest. Still, a good attempt.