Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Mr. Ingredient"

the only time he ever enjoyed things together was when mr emulsifier was around

this made me cry. Thank you

Really enjoyed this man! beautiful stuff

Were these drawn digitally or on paper?

kindclutter responds:

thank you. a bit of both. some things hand-drawn, others on cels, supplemented by some digital hoo-hoffery. i try to do what is most expedient for the whole piece.

This was surprising to me. I was not expecting such a bittersweet narrative, where a character recollects everything about someone else with such feelings of admiration, specially over someone as curious as Mr. Ingredient.

The art direction is top grade. The visual certainly feel nostalgic, but beyond that there's a lot of personality and life in it with the way the characters move and express themselves. The colors vary between warm and cold accordingly and I liked that because it tied with the writing.

I am a bit conflicted about the presentation when it comes to the narrator; on one hand, the narrator speaks very fast and seems to slur their speech in the process, making it a bit harder to understand, which is not very good for a short film. On the other, it legitimately sounds like they're about the cry, which nails the sentiment that the narrator truly misses this character, and also makes me kind of wanna cry too :).

Overall, very moving, very pleasant and great work. Subtitles could help quite a bit. I cannot stress how happy I am that it didn't end with Mr. Ingredient simply dying, but moving on to something that is hopefully better.

That was beautiful man