Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Slipways"

I'm surprised this isn't scoring 4.5+. So well designed, reminiscent of other atmospheric space resource games (Eufloria !) Especially considering it was done for the PICO platform. I'm interested in trying out the difference between choosing the science streams for *mining* vs *farming* the extreme planets (ice, barren, etc)

I noticed other gamers complained about the inability to cross slipstreams. It's annoying early-game in your first play through, for sure. But to anyone downvoting based on that, consider that it's an unlockable science. i.e. It's designed to be a blocking part of the gameplay.
That said, Krajzega, maybe reduce its science level or cost a little?
Seconding an undo/confirmation/preview button - I get that it's meant to be irreversible, so after any other action it should be permanent. But I made a couple mouse slips, and it ruined my planning.
Also, I understand that, given its a pico game, screen res will be small, but a zoom out view, if possible would've made a HUGE difference, even if only an extra 20~25% (so as not to see the whole map).
Amazing that you're porting this to full 3D, and that you used PICO as a concept test! I've seen part releases, but I've never seen a lo-fi prototype like that!

Amazing game! I'm still struggling even on easy, I will try again later!

I agree that an endless / timeless mode would be a welcome addition. I feel it would be just as entertaining with the addition of a larger map, and that a new mechanic would be welcome but unnecessary for me to enjoy the option of playing without a time limit. An undo button, even one limited to only the very last thing you did, would be great. I understand that this platform may not support all of that, and also that this is a mini-version of the larger game. I hope that you take the suggestions given here into consideration for the full game or for future titles from you.

This game is DOPE AF for the platform, as is.

krajzega responds:

Glad you like it!
In fact, all of the things you mentioned are already implemented or planned in the full game - they were common requests for the PICO-8 version :)

good i like game what is pixel ;3 good work

As several people have already noted, it's not super intuitive to jump right in, so probably check out the linked guide. After a couple false starts, I had a solid run on the easiest difficulty.

I had a love-hate relationship with Stellaris back when it came out; I liked the exploration and building, but most of the combat and diplomacy stuff felt like it was getting in my way. The puzzle aspect of creating optimal routes in a finite amount of turns gives the game a lot of replayability.

Wishlisting the Steam version for sure (I like the look of it so far, but I would love to see an optional graphic setting where the game assets have the almost-minimal pixel charm of the pico8, but with the wider field of view and control)