Reviews for "Codeine Cowboys [v2]"

Best blind playthrough i've ever had

Happy for ya, lol

I didn't expect much from the game at first but if you learn how to play it right it becomes a beautiful fast paced shooter. A beautiful baby of Pacman and Hotline Miami. I love how much action this game consists of and it's just wonderful to just run around causing mayhem and you have to think fast here.

One word for the graphics and music- A E S T H E T I C

Controls are pretty simple and the gameplay is very nice. This is more of a kill, get new weapon, kill more kinda games. Pretty good.

MoeAnguish responds:

Thank you very much, i'm glad you enjoyed the game!

A nice homage to Hotline Miami and Pacman, great art style music fits with the visuals, besides minor wall bugs pretty stable. If you implement a difficulty option maybe have Juggernauts spawn at a set threshold or enemy colour indicate needed hit points to kill.

MoeAnguish responds:

That's a good idea, actually. i'll see if i'll continue working on this or end updates if this project gets enough support. thanks for the review!

Hmm, my initial impression of this game wasn't that great at the start. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and everything and I think the gameplay is good once you get going. But it took me a long time to get used to it at first. The graphics are so gaudy and loud and you move so fast it's very difficult to tell what the hell is going on: I couldn't tell if I was invincible or being hit or where bullets were or where guns were on the floor because everything just got lost in this sea of glitchy graphics. Once my eyes adjusted to it as much as they could, I started having fun running and gunning, but it was still a bit frustrating as one slip and I could lose track of what's happening. If the graphics could just be cleaned up a bit more so things could be more readable, this game would be an absolute slam dunk for me!

MoeAnguish responds:

That's very fair. thanks for the review!

It's like a fusion of Pacman and Hotline Miami, though not quite as good as either. Wall collision is a bit janky, too. I got stuck on walls quite often.

That's fair.