Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "High Stakes"

Great game. the gambling with blood reminds me of Washizu mahjong

I like it.

Very well done game. I noticed that the final vampire has a tendency to put the vampire in one of the 3 squares needed to get the 2x2 hint if you keep going for it. He will also let you get it for free for a few rounds after you call him out on it by blindly staking it after eliminating the other 2 possible squares. Tsk tsk, so predictable lol.

Honestly love the game. Once I heard about pass mechanic in comments, I tried it and it worked completely differently than I expected. I expected it to take straight from the winnings and passing would make it so you wouldn't gain or lose anything else for the round. After using it, I was able to make strategies and avoid 100% luck based situations. Before then I just thought it was mediocre. Only reason this isn't 5 stars is because of 2nd or 3rd card vamps, but the penalty is low.

I noticed comments referring to using the pass mechanic, so I thought I ought to give it a go before I quit. I clicked pass and lost the 10mL earnings I had and got 2mL instead. Why on earth would I ever want to pass?! Not to mention I have been unable to use the adjacent hint token, even when both cards are unflipped. So now I'm done wasting my time randomly flipping the vampire on my first few moves. Intriguing concept, mediocre execution.