Reviews for "Down Below - Halloween Special"

Retro, difficult and with a good final boss, I wish it was longer with more levels, and with more bosses and maybe you can find a Shotgun or a pistol =D

HeadbanGames responds:

Thanks for playing and for the feedback, we're glad you enjoyed it!

This is our first playable alpha release of the game, there's still lots to do and long road ahead of us.

We really crunched to get this one ready on time for Halloween, it wasn't possible to add any more to it, though we wanted to.
We will be releasing more specials and demos during the development process so stay tuned for more Down Below in near future!

Best game challenging but love it

HeadbanGames responds:

Thanks, glad you liked it, stay tune for our new Xmas special!

Well, your controls are a bit wonky. This game is best played with two hands.
You can jump with right mouse, but it also brings up the right-click dropdown menu, so it's better to use space.
You can attack with left mouse, but also z. In the end the best way to play this game is all keyboard.

You have a control configuration settings area, but it doesn't actually change your controls settings.

It's really hard to get hit combos.
I got stuck after falling into a pit without an easy way out. While I think it may be TECHNICALLY possible to get out with wall jumps, it's really hard to get those wall jumps right.

It's worth mentioning that historically I suck at these types of games, so my skill level should be considered "barely functioning human" even if I find it quite difficult.

HeadbanGames responds:

*UPDATE* I made wall jumping easier, so you basically don't have to hold down the direction now, just pump the jump button.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Your right, the game was meant to be played with two hands on the keyboard.
I added the mouse just for testing, and forgot about it, not sure if I'll keep it in and if so I'll add it to the control configuration screen.

I did try to test it now and for me the right mouse button is locked and does not bring up the context menu, but just in case I add some JS to completely block opening the context menu, so it shouldn't happen again.

You're right again, there was a bug with reading the controls (only if you changed them by going to the setting from within the level), it's fixed now.

Combos are a matter of practice, the more you play the easier it'll get, keep in mind the full game will be much longer and won't start up with so many fighting scenes.
This Halloween Special was intentionally made a little harder, packed with zombies and intense.

P.S. did you play with combo visual helper on or off?

the bats are so annoying lol
also, on the fifth(?) level I just randomly shot away to the right while I was hanging down on a ledge. I eventually got stuck here. https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/96cb3700843cbdd2382816a646b0ffac

HeadbanGames responds:

You know one of my favorite quotes is "those goddamn bats" :)

As for the bug, great catch there!
It took me quite a while to manage to recreate it and even more to figure out why it's happening, but it's all fixed now!

Sorry for the inconvenience, these weird bugs sometimes happens in alpha versions.

Sad ... why someone cannot climb?

HeadbanGames responds:

Not sure what you mean exactly, you can wall jump and climb/hang on edges of platforms.
Feel free to PM with more details.