Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "My Firefly"

I love this so much, John. It was such a pleasure and honour doing some work with you, especially on such an excellent track. I hadn't heard the bridge before and it's a wonderful touch. And that vocal chopping at the end was amazing! I want to get Ableton just so you can share this session with me because I feel like I could learn a bunch from what you did. Excellent work, I love this.

PS. I hear which line you wanted a second version of and I'll do it for you if you like when I get the chance :) Sorry I wasn't able to get to it. And sorry for saying sorry. Sory. Hemlo. Joooooordi

yOU MADE THIS TRACK COME TOGETHER

THE TRUE MVP

Personally, I'm not one for vocals of this style. The rest is great though, and I really enjoy that one, uh, xylophone (?) part. It has a very funky tune that morphs into a great thing overall, and I like the aethstetic.
Kinda reminds me of a game where the buildings are all bouncy and/or randomly lighting up.
(By "vocals of this style" I mean the more love song-y type stuff, and sadly that's most lyrics nowadays. I just wanna hear something different, you know?)
In my opinion, 9/10. g's

u dont like love? =(((

johnfn singing when

johnfn responds:

I HAVE MELODYNE ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME (heh that almost rhymes)

this is the best thing you've ever, ever done

fucking hell

johnfn responds:

until i do you rite rite (ty bb ilu)

Starting of funky with the high notes there :), got surprised by the vocals! Nice touch!
This is a very tasty track, I don't have to say much more than that.

Kind of unique use of the voice, using the vocals more as a melodic part, than a build up like most EDM does now a days. I really like how the styles are mixed up of you three in this one.

johnfn responds:

thanks mang! glad you liked it! =D