Reviews for "In the Time of Pandemia"

I like the mechanic where some of the people say "no" to isolation because it really accurately mirrors how frustrating and harmful it can be when people don't cooperate to help stop the spread. One tiny suggestion would be that you could maybe map the speed up and down buttons to the arrow keys or something so that it's easier to switch and avoid losing unnecessary money (especially for people using the trackpad). Nice job tho guys!

kikill responds:

Thanks @Solid-Sioux, reviews like yours make the hard work worth it. I'll include some keyboard controls in the next update. Cheers!

this is a good game with a good idea in mind, the mechanics could use some polishing but besides that, this is a game that will truly make you learn about saving and thinking almost like a doctor. nice job

kikill responds:

Thank you very much @TheCrazedFeline.

You are missing mechanic for people who are recovered with lifelong decreased function. Making individuals travel around to work, banking, food will show interactions and difficulties better.

kikill responds:

That's a splended idea actually. We have to carefully select the details to include in this attempt considering the limited time and resources (the team was made up of volunteers). But thanks for suggesting this. We'll discuss it for Version 2 of the game!

good, but basically quarantino with more lag and deproved graphics. it doesn't really do anything to make itself special.

kikill responds:

Thanks for your candid feedback. Thank you too for pointing Quarantino (www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/753674) to us. In the Time of Pandemia (ITOP) however has been playable at Itch.io with all its core features since April 17, ten days before Quarantino was published here. I would say, Quarantino is a simplification of ITOP's rule set which in turn was inspired by a game design sketch by Raph Koster linked to above. We share the concepts of viral transmission and disease progression but that's about it. In terms of player actions, Quarantino only implements one which partitions a field in two--something similar to isolating a line of townsfolk in ITOP except the former is harder to correspond with pandemic management in the real world. Perhaps more important, we took some pains in anchoring our COVID-19 model in published sources and consulted with an epidemiologist to check it's plausibility. It won't replace professional epidemiological models but the basic math is there. As a puzzle, Quarantino attains a certain elegance in combining viral transmission with the partitioning mechanic. That's its innovation. The mechanic of dividing a field to optimize a certain condition though has been around here at least from 2009 onwards in Fat Slice (www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/499007). Following your reasoning, Quarantino then is basically Fat Slice with the balls infecting each other. As for the lag, it's been reported in older machines which I'll now look into because you confirmed it. But I'm quite happy with how our artists did their work.

wow kikill el proyecto que hay detras del juego es asombroso por eso te doy 5 estrellas como quisiera poder ayuderte pero no soy un adulto y no puedo apoyar monatariamante pero voy a intenter exparsir la voz sobre este juego grandioso grasias ┬┤por leer.

kikill responds:

Thank you! This review already helped.Sharing it will too. Best regards.