Reviews for "In the Time of Pandemia"

Hey everyone!
Can someone do this code:
(54,2,13,84,66,12,51,71,80,5,18,0,86,55,13,87,17,11,7,12,465,1090,667,777,426,
12,3,522,193,500,36)
I got 3 deceased.

Pretty neat management game! A bit frustrating at times since you don't really feel in control (people refusing to isolate on your command, etc) but I guess that was the whole point since it's realistic (but if it was, perhaps the game could've been shortened to get to that point quicker so as not to frustrate the user when you want them to go for a high score which they have no control over besides luck at times). It really dumps you with a lot of info at the start and it was difficult to digest all at once: the game does try to help by having a info read-out and a reference menu you can go to, but I really wanted there to be more reference material on the game screen, either by making the info read-out bigger and more easily readable, or by providing a legend/key for peoples status since I was having difficulty remembering them on the fly. I also feel like if you need to constantly explain that a lower score is better, it might just be easier to change the score formula calculation so that a high score is better, so people can just use their natural instincts, haha. Anyway, while it was a bit confusing and frustrating, its still pretty fun and delivers a nice message effectively through its gameplay (and frustration) so kudos!

Whatever that could be said about the current state of the world is here, seeing all of this, how in the latter game people refused to go into quarentine or couldn't affort to survive in the hospitals because the money was running low or simply decided it wasn't as bad until they got into the red stage is nerve wreaking.
it wasnt a "fun" exprerience, but it really opened my eyes, that is not only the people on the news sayin that the virus is fake, there are people out there who cant afford staying in home and therefore are putting their lives at risk since there are no other options for them.
it really moved me, it was a sad expereince, but a necessary one.

I loved the mechanics and presentation though if I may make one complaint: the game itself lacks a little bit of substance. I finished the whole game perfectly and I barely did anything. Other than that, I hold your game in high regard.

kikill responds:

Thanks for your review @SirMoFoDans! If by wanting more from the game you mean obstacles that prevent you from clearing a level, we didn't go that route because we thought that this simulation should end with a cleared level whether that's saving everybody or the exact opposite. For challenge though, we put in par scores for you to beat through strategic use of the actions at your disposal (and a little bit of luck). Best regards.

very interesting, yet simple and really actual game! thanks !

kikill responds: