Reviews for "Simple (ft. Michelle Kim)"

Damn it, this is great, Steelside! I'm working on a piece that incorporates similar electronic/vocal elements and you've really demonstrated how to execute this style really damn well and it's quite inspiring. Fantastic work! I'm super impressed by this one. Definitely my favourite out of the 16 that I've heard so far.

wow, fantastic! i don't know how i missed your music earlier and now i feel bad, i REALLY like this!

Love it!

The mastering is beautiful and the flow of the music is well thought out. So nice.

Good luck

Dude, this was. Brilliant. Need to check out your other work. Chill. Catchy. Simple. Just what you need in a solid song. I'm happy that I caught this thing and stumbled upon this. Don't let the lack of community involvement get you down man. There's a niche for everyone, somewhere, I haven't even found mine yet, just keep writing music you clearly have talent!

Time for your lips, open 'ide!

Stuff that's great:
- The chord synth has a really really nice mellow attack to it, it sounds excellent.
- The vocals are generally excellent, especially Michelle's singing.
- Reeeeeally chill for trance, which is pretty nice.

Stuff that can be improved:
- There are some weird things with the male vocals at parts like "take you there". It seems like part of the male vocals are cut off at the start - "ake you there". Enunciation of the beginnings of words is really important for cleanliness.
- Careful with overloading your mix at 1:35. The additional high hats are fairly buried and the vocals are burying the mellow attack of your chords.
- The background melody isn't particularly interesting, and it's repeated *a lot*. I wish the background melody were used more effectively than being repeated. (On a related note, the chords seem to be repeated throughout the whole thing - some variation would be excellent).

Overall this is a pretty chill piece without that much variation, just a couple breakdowns in the middle and some nice changing up of the vocals towards the end. More variation along with just a bit of tightening up the mix would make this fantastic.

8.6/10