Reviews for "Mission MOANified Collab"

So MissMoonified is a catpigwoman? Any relation to manbearpig? I also got Zooweemama reference. This didn’t seem like you guys put too much effort into this, like your heart wasn’t really in it.

zooweemama

It's super funny watching a bunch of kids get this butthurt over a voice actress on Newgrounds and being old enough to remember the hate piece on Rina-chan. Even a decade later it's the same jokes projecting and deflecting insecurities.

But no, enjoy the irony of dumping on someone for making daily whatever by using an army of simps while getting daily yourselves for poor animation and weak jokes by using an army of incels. It's totally different after all.

Also can I just say thanks to all the super insecure creators who were so butthurt over a single review that they all had to desperately respond to this within a day. I'm glad that they're so bad at this that they got the subject of their attempt at bullying to defend it. That's some beta energy if I've ever seen it.

simp

Joe-Mega responds:

Damn dude, you got us (or at least me. I'm sort of a hack) but miss moonified took our jabs like a champ so I guess the least I can do is take the backlash on the chin :)

Although if you really want to put us in our place you should make a collab about us being incels ;)

Pyronator responds:

Oh gosh oh jeez, you got us. I guess I’ll have to quit NewGrounds forever.

StaggerNight responds:

I cant handle it anymore, after reading that I might have to turn my self in now. *cries*

LobsterMango responds:

Whoa cool :D

OctoNG responds:

Simp

MissMoonified responds:

it chill, people are allowed to dislike me if they wanna LOL
I found it funny, if you take life too seriously, you just get gray hair early :D
I am kinda honored people were mad enough that they made something this "complex"
Was it mean? Sure. But I take it as a fuckin compliment

I mean, I'd praise just about anything, but even I thought that this was a mistake.

this is good

OctoNG responds:

Something about this doesn't seem genuine.

Disclaimer: This post comes from a place of care and also Ryan is a friend, so I don't want this to come off as rude or mean or anything, but I apologize if I didn't word things properly. I don't want to make anyone feel hurt or upset or discourage anyone's talents, y'know? With that said...here's my personal thoughts, but it's quite blunt.

I get people's gripes about her, and she took this well, but the way this came off was...way too mean. I'm taking this from the perspective of making a hate collab about well, anyone, in such a way, unless it was like a roast done in a tasteful way, which those exist, but this....is kinda...childish? I will say i got a couple chuckles at some of the drawings lol. Some of the animation was good,, I get it's not supposed to be a mega effort thing, so some of it is meh, gets the point across, and brings back that good old NG style but yeah.

With that said, people are gonna like what they like, this just makes you guys seem kinda...salty about it and petty. I'm just being realistic here, not trying to be rude. Originally i wasn't going to say anything about this, and I don't want to get anyone down or anything, but I'm against spreading hate in the world. I'm concerned with how this makes Newgrounds look. Do we really want to give Newgrounds a bad name to ward people away by centering a hateful (non-roasty parody) type collab to hate on one person?

I've been around since 2003, I get theres been collabs about that, but it's when people do shitty things and what not, but is Mooni really at fault? Sure, it might not seem fair to the hard working people but some of the things that are high rated in the portal are animations, yes they're viewed because adult content is always gonna be more popular most of the time, but this shows insecurity if anything else.

I'm just being honest. However, before I assume anything truly, what was the purpose of this collab? Was this all just for laughs really? Ultimately newgrounds collabs are just that, but this struck me as...just pure hate. She even once messaged me saying she got a lot of hate messages from well...unfortunately some NG musicians I don't want to name and won't say publicly. But it's disappointing. I see this as a friendly community, so it made me really sad to hear that. If she was mean I mean i'd get it, but she's not.

My personal opinion though, is that this could have been more tasteful of a roast in a sense, and not just playground bully jokes. I'm surprised she took it well, but if it was me, I probably wouldn't come back to a website after this. Ultimately, this just kinda feeds the negative things people have heard about newgrounds. Do we really want that?

Call me a simp if you choose to go that route, but I genuinely care for you guys, and NG. I'm just kinda disappointed to see this coming from you all, I thought you were above this, because your other work is great. Just wanted to give you some food for thought, but I'll give you guys a 2 star because I care about y'all and some of the animation was good.

Maybe this is a controversial review, maybe I'll get flack for it, but I'm thinking of the bigger picture here, not just Mooni. Everyone has their fair chance, and also things are categorized more properly now, I get it used to be an issue. I support your other work, but I can't say I support this or agree with it.

Though I'm just overall a bit confused as to why you guys made this, but it just comes off as genuine festering hate thrown like a tantrum. If I'm wrong, correct me, but I'm genuinely curious of the origin, the story of how this collab came to be? I know you might say "it speaks for itself" but, I'm just curious of the intent and the details.

Maybe this comes off as rude or weird of a review, I can't say I've ever written a review like this in the history I've been on newgrounds, but idk, parodies are funny most times and tasteful, actually have good roasts and what not, but this didn't hit that way, it felt like it was made to ward her away from Newgrounds and not be a welcoming community, but i dunno, is that just me?

In any case, keep going with your future endeavors, because you guys are a talented bunch, but my advice, I wouldn't make something like this again for the sake of spreading rumors about Newgrounds. Yes, I'm serious.

So what's the story behind this collab? Am i taking it too seriously? Just how it comes off.

EDIT: Well fuck, I just realized how long this was to read. But still, it's important. Sorry.

LobsterMango responds:

Thanks for the tip. The collab was just supposed to be a shitpost in response to missmoonified getting a daily second for a non animated wrongly rated demo reel in the movie portal. We rushed it out in 4 days because we wanted it to be topical. It wasnt really ment to be taken seriously but if people did take it that way, thats on me.

Simp

Tiltro responds:

I understand why you think this.I don’t hate Mooni and I know this collab is making fun of her. But it was just all fun and games, we mean nothing by it. Also I’m glad she liked it.

StaggerNight responds:

This Collab was just for the shits of it honestly. We are not trying to get personal.