Reviews for "Kids"

I really like the lighthearted tone of this song. Nice voice!
Good luck!

McGorilla42 responds:

:) Thanks, Pomic! All the best to you in Round 1!

this is absolutely incredible. amazing melody, amazing production, amazing everything.

i was listening to the tracks from the top scoring auditions, but then my friend sent me this one and it is honestly better than almost all of them.

you killed it.

McGorilla42 responds:

I'm...I'm almost speechless. Those words coming from you, johnfn, mean so much to me and it's lit a fire under my butt to get cracking on a new song, whether I make it through to the next round or not. I'm so happy to have seen this. Thanks so much and I'll try to make the next one even better!

I do like this. A lot. It's catchy, it's light-hearted, it's well-balanced without unnecessary complictaed things, it's a good pop song, and it's more than worth 5 stars!

McGorilla42 responds:

Thanks for the kind words, RemileOduen. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Also, thanks for listening to my stuff consistently and leaving comments!

Wow, a friend sent this to me too, and I'm loving every second of this! I hope you do well, since I want to hear more from you in the future :)
Great work!

McGorilla42 responds:

Hey! Thank you so much, Lucid. I've listened to your stuff before and it's fantastic, so your words mean a lot :) Whether or not I make it through, I'll keep posting music and I hope you listen and enjoy it!

This is such a solid track. I can hear this playing on the radio. I'm getting a bit of a Mika vibe from this track which I'm happy about. It's so nice to hear a fresh track that's so well done. The mixing is really nice too. There's something about this track that to me, sounds more like a demo of a great pop song, rather than the finished radio version you would hear, and I can't put my finger on it. I'm trying to work out if the drums are sequenced, or played live?

Seriously though, this is great! I'll keep sharing it around and thanks LunacyEcho for showing this to me! You got yourself a new fan.

McGorilla42 responds:

Gosh, more positive reception for this song. Thank you so much. I think the reason it doesn't sound super polished and isn't radio ready is that my mixing skills aren't too amazing yet and also, my equipment is incredibly basic. There's a picture of my "studio" (read: bedroom) near the bottom of this page: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1420137/2 So my acoustics are horrid, I don't have any fancy plugins and I'm still learning and trying to get better with each song.

As for the drums - they're definitely sequenced but I tried to create a natural-ish sound with pseudo-overhead "mics" (just a track with all the drums on it, EQ'd with some reverb I think?) :) Glad it sounds vaguely convincing!

Thanks again, etherealwinds! You're yet another great composer on this site so hearing positive words from you is motivating :) Keep well!