Reviews for "The Afterlust"

Great piece. Only problem was the slightly muddy low end. You could probably eliminate that by hi-passing the guitar to get some of those gnarly low frequencies out of the way of the drums and bass. There's never really a point where it's naked, so you don't need those frequencies in the 0-220 or even 300 Hz range to beef it up as much.

FinnMK responds:

Good tip. I did hi-pass them, believe it or not, but clearly not by enough!...I think I only did it up to 100-125 Hz. Getting good, meaty, but clean guitar is my main mixing challenge right now.

You promised pop and we got pop. Really big sound, great singing. I would produce it slightly different myself, there seemed to be a bit of mud at the lower end (I think from the drum and guitar clashing), but thats to my ear, and its a great track.

Good luck!

FinnMK responds:

Thanks a bunch! I've yet to get a great guitar sound I love, but I'm inching towards it. I think if I had really nailed the guitar recording and mixing the mix would've come together punchier and cleaner, especially in that 150-400Hz area...next time!

I loved it a lot dude!, everything fits so perfectly, and your voice is awesome!!

Thanks so much man!

WOW! This song is amazing! I love it! better than the love song I'm working on lol!

You're too kind!