Reviews for "Mandragora"

Awesome m2u soundtrack lovely tough <3

M2U <3

I've never played Deemo, nor have I listened to M2U or NICODE's music, so I don't know what this is supposed to sound like, but I'm pretty sure you nailed it.

I like the diversity of instruments you used. From piano to strings and from guitars to music boxes, this song was packed with various instruments that really bring the song to life. My one issue with this song is that it's a bit too focused on the piano. The piano is the center of attention mostly throughout the whole song, and I would have liked to see a bit more emphasis on some other instruments, but I'm really nitpicking here. Other than that, the song is pretty much perfect.

You blended everything together really nicely. I realized about halfway through that I wasn't focused as much on the other instruments, but that's really not a bad thing. They were there, and they still added to the song without being intrusive or calling attention to themselves.

I didn't hear any compression issues and it didn't sound like anything was compressed enough to have issues. You probably could have made this a bit louder if you were careful, but I don't think it's too quiet and I think the volume you have it at now is fine, so it's not an issue.

I really don't know what else to say. I guess one other thing that goes along with my nitpick earlier is that this song seems safe, especially compared to songs like Stray. There's nothing wrong with being safe, but I always like to see people take risks.

Keep up the great work, Miyo!

9/10

Miyolophone responds:

Thank you for the feedback yet again Kyron! I'll just note here that the piano was intentionally the center of focus because the gameplay aspect of Deemo is playing a piano, so all of the songs in it are piano concerto-esque. I'll be doing some (at least slightly) riskier stuff in the future, so I hope I can surprise you a little soon...

W0w! ThIs is G0od, i lIke iT AloT. S0unDs AwEsOMe!

ThANk y0u!