Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Serpent City"

my only nit pick is the pacing's a little slow. Great job.

DampOwl responds:

Honestly this is an issue I have with it too, it's something I hope to improve in future.

Thanks for watching and reviewing!

Instantly fav'd when I saw the "DO IT FOR HIM" meme
Also, is that Murdoc @ 2:47? XD

Could be. ;)

nice 8)

Feels like the last part is a dream since she is now dead after the zombie that snuck up bit her.
Would be cool at the very end to see a glimpse of her as a zombie from the pov of the fallen camcorder's dirty lens.

Good work.

Reply: Glad you like it. You can continue the story with someone else. Another lady finds the camera and bunker, watches the various recordings and life of Zoe, whilst they themselves traverse the zombie wasteland. The video Zoe will be the new persons companion on the journey, figuratively. Thus Zoe is still "alive" to us, while we have the story of the new person.
It's not impossible, you obviously have the skills to make it happen.

DampOwl responds:

Man, I actually like that idea.

I can't say it was the intention though - this is intended to be a pilot for an ongoing story so it wouldn't work to kill her right away. Still, not a bad idea for an ending!

Hey, it's Zoe! Thank you for sending me a request to draw her a few months ago. She was an enjoyable character to do. For doing this project completely solo on the production side, this is an impressive effort. I hope you animate more to improve even further. Adding a VHS filter to the animation was a nice touch to Zoe's personality. The thing that amused me the most was the sign Zoe put up to remind the filming crew of zombies to shut up during production. Cool stuff, keep going.

DampOwl responds:

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the drawing! I still have it and it's adorable.