Reviews for "Mundum de Somniorum"

I commented on this already but I'll say again that I love it. You managed to find a theme that suites your style quite well. I think your piano playing shines in tandem with somber instrumentation.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

Thank you for commenting again! I listened to maybe 40 themes or so, and picked out three of them. In the end, I decided this was easily the best one for me to work with.
Thanks for the lovely words, hehhe :3

Very pretty and ethereal, Lucid! In that wonderfully dark sort of way. I quite enjoyed the entire piece, but as usual your use of piano stands at the fore. The music box has a very appropriately eldritch sound to it, and there are so many other beautiful touches throughout.

How very like you to use a bit of Latin in your title, The World of Dreams! What can I say? It fits the motif quite nicely. Thank you very much for sharing.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

"Very pretty and ethereal, Lucid! In that wonderfully dark sort of way."

That's very well defined, as that was exactly what I was going for. I'm super glad it came across!

I didn't make the melody for the piano, but literally all the chords and the arrangements are done by me, and it was just suuuuch a great melody to play! Well, I guess I made the melody for that weird part at 1:20, as I needed something to lead up to the climax (which I also composed the melody for). It's really only that things that's repeated a lot which I didn't come up with xD

I used a combination of a music box, and the free (IF you own Kontakt) instrument "snow bells", by VSTBase. I also ran it through a Guitar Rig effect, to give it that... Glimmer? :'3

And yeah, I tend to like the sound of Latin, phonetically. Also, I feel it's a great way to give something meanings that aren't as obvious upon the first look, and can still be a great title without giving the listener premature impressions!
No, thank YOU very much for listening and reviewing <3

What's the theme number? I guess I miss this theme in the realcraft list.

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

The theme number was 80 :)
Did you make something as well :O, or did you just listen to some of the tracks?

I really don't know what to say about this. It's good! VERY GOOD! just by listening to it, it brings many thoughts to my mind, the first though was "magical" like something from Harry Potter, and then it totally surprised me, and now I cant find out what to think about it other than it's super great :D another work well done

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

haha, Thanks for the awesome review! As always, I'm very excited to hear that you liked it enough to describe it as magical ;)
This piece, I worked harder on than my avarage one, after all :DDD

Gets me thinking of Nightmare Before Christmas, or Barber of Fleet Street, but something else too... the melody feels familiar, the closest I get is the Mai HIME soundtrack I think... it has that same pace, melody and mystery, but picks up in a more orchestral, Tim Burton-like way. Not comparing to other pieces that aren't all that similar though: this sounds awesome. I love the atmosphere it builds up! Magical and intense at the same time. Music like this is definately your forte!

-cd-

LucidShadowDreamer responds:

I agree that this has one of those "feels familiar" feels. The main melody (as in, not the chords or anything, just the very notes playing the melody at the start) was not made by me. This was part of a competition where you took other people's melodies and turned them into something greater :D

I can see the Danny Elfman (Tim Burton movies composer) comparion for sure, especially with the voice used, and the mystical vibe (+ the bells)! I'm really glad you enjoyed it ^___^
Thank you for another great review!