Reviews for "ALIEN"

It's clever, the take on parties is kind of negative tho. I consider myself an alien, going to parties just for the music and not socializing but I don't see it as a negative aspect, I think of it as learning to handle my social anxiety and I'll usually always feel better when coming home from a party (being an alien also comes with the advantage of not having to do that many drugs).

Amazing!

This was relatable and engaging to watch.
I love how the characters are all spouting generic, contrived and pretentious bullshit that they clearly think is deep and intelligent themselves. I can't count how often I've felt like this at some party I just shouldn't have gone to.
I think the funniest part was the girls on the couch, needing to write on Facebook about how deep it is to realize that we're all slaves to Facebook. The narrative is subtle, and isn't spoonfed, which I rather enjoyed. I turned on this animation looking at the 10 minute duration thinking "Ugh...", especially with a title giving me the impression that this may just be a 10 minute "acid trip animation", but I was very pleasantly surprised to realize what the title meant.

A few bad points though:
The animation is a bit choppy. Nothing too shabby.
The voice acting is REALLY WEAK. You should collaborate with some voice actors, there's plenty of them in this community.

People lived on earth and knowing how to fit in because of human social instinct.
But what if some of us can't fit in. Does that mean some of us are aliens?

DeadFlyFromMoon responds:

You never know man :D

So, I'll try to be fair: the animation needs some work: it looksstiff from time to time, especially the walking cycle. The detailed bits, the close ups, were generally well animated, so it's a pity. You should try to polish that. Another thing is that the voice acting was a little... lame. As someone said before, maybe you can contact some good VA from here.

All in all, however, even with all those things I commented on, I still think this is great. The topic was treated in a fairly fantastic fashion and I felt quite identified, personally. The little sarcastic bits in the dialogues, the hypocrisy of the people involved, that feeling of not being part of any group while it is almost mandatory to consume drugs to be cool... Excellent.

DeadFlyFromMoon responds:

Thanks for honest feedback. Yes. Animation is hit and miss. I still need a lot of things to learn. Voice acting is my weakest point. Glad you liked the story and found some connection with main character.