Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Scrap Memories - Chapter One"

Love the graphics and feel of the game - great job! Any hint on the secret medals? ;)

this is made in phaser?! i like it

This game could have been much better if it had: better controls (why have run on z if you give me the option to use wasd?), some tutorials at least, and faster movement.

BigBossErndog responds:

Hi. have you been reading the signs? You can also run and attack with J and K, which would be better to use with WASD.
I went with a non-intrusive approach, having signs to read to learn how to play the game. Would it be better to actually force the player through a tutorial?

If you would PM me with some more feedback it would be very helpful, thank you :D

Glad to see a continuation of the Scrap Arms series! Just like it, this game has excellent story presentation, with good hooks and wholesome dialogue. Nice to see the characters come back as well. Controls are a little confusing at times, such as the 'Z' prompt appearing despite using the WASD keys for movement (which would imply the 'J' prompt to popup), and the equip menu has you go through a lot of actions to move equipment around when it'd be nice to see both the inventory and each characters inventory on one screen and move items around seamlessly. A little button reference in the corner would be nice too so people can remember stuff like hitting Z to wait a turn, perhaps. This is a really cool series and I look forward to more and more!

EDIT: Made it through, beat the boss and watched the ending! The heartfelt epilogue and direct words from you were a salve on my bruised body after the beatdown I got from the boss, haha.

BigBossErndog responds:

Thanks! :D

This is such a good jrpg. I like the wholesomeness of it 'protect yourself from dirty ink' :D
Good graphics, sounds and great animation. I know its a jrpg but damn, so much talking lol. Only thing the combat system is cool but takes some getting used to but I did like it once i mastered it.

Good game and I'd probably buy it for my switch tbh.