Reviews for "Dying In Dungeon"

Simplemente genial

I love the concept, and I could see this as a full game. The final boss is also a great touch too!

Cool little game. Smooth. Love it!
But it needs a save for the upgrades.
Nice work!

I really like this concept although once you get any sort of upgrades it becomes way too easy until you advance very deep in the dungeons. and an option to adjust audio wouldnt be bad either.

The game is very bare-bones, but I understand that this is because this game is a 'proof of concept' for a game jam. Yet despite lacking a lot of content it was surprisingly very fun to play.
The dilemma of 'return home with all your loot or keep going but risk dying' is nothing new but this is the first time I've seen it executed in this way. Not only do you have to decide when it gets too hard for you to go on, you also need to plan your death depending on the level. And sometimes you do so well that at the last moment you change your mind and move on to the next level which can get intense.

Again I personally don't think the lack of content in this game very troublesome, but to list some things that come to mind:
No options/settings
No story at all, the demon only has three pieces of dialogue (intro, success, fail)
It's the same 3 (6) enemies over and over again, plus 2 types of traps
It doesnt take very long to unlock everything
Disobeying the demon isn't very punishing, just wastes your time
Fighting against the skellies with the sword is a bit lame
The levels get repetitive (I didn't count but theres just a handful of them)
No real "end" to the game as far as I can see, or any eventful happenings (bosses etc)

I hope you keep updating this game or at least apply this idea to a bigger project of yours. It was surprisingly fun to play.