Reviews for "Hunted in the Winter"

It's really cool but it gets to a point where, if you collect enough resources, you can pretty much stay in the cabin indefinitely and only go to the immediate area around you. Maybe add the need to sleep or keep warm? That might be kinda cool.

I died :(

the game is good but so short

Fun game, I like it :)

Hey Thoof,
It's always nice to see your work!
This one was pretty interesting.
I was having trouble understanding if their was an encumbrance mechanic an endurance mechanic or what have you, but I found it an interesting and fairly realistic balance of loss and and gain for survival resource gathering.
I could see this being a goof core mechanic in a survival/spy narrative.
The track covering mechanic is trulr interesting, because you can potentially leave red herrings, and as long as you never leave tracks near your base, the patrolmen are less likely to enter that area, where leaving tracks randomly in the open area makes your home safer.
I suppose never tracks in a line of sight where you liver or intend to gather.
Thanks for making and sharing this!

Thoof responds:

Yeah, the track covering mechanic was originally intended to be the core point of the game, but I ran out of time for the game jam :)

The original idea was that you would also be able to walk backwards so that the soldiers would follow the tracks the other way & into traps and such, but that did not get implemented.

There wasn't any endurance or exhaustion mechanics at play, just hunger and thirst. I was thinking about it but for how simple the game is it seemed unnecessary.