Reviews for "Forgotten Hill Disillusion: The Library"

how were we supposed to get 6543 for the drawer code?

Beware ** SPOILERS **
Hi there, that puzzle is actually quite easy: watch the drawer, there's a + on left and a - on the right. Simply count the polygons sides and arrange them accordingly ;)

I usually love forgotten hill games but this one has some bugs. The audio keeps hesitating every time I clicked the mouse and sounds very staticy. When I click the mute button (the musical note) the game locks up and I have to start over.
EDIT: I was able to finish the game (with my audio muted) but the aforementioned bugs occured in both Chrome and Explorer.

Hi there.
We are very sorry about that. HTML5 technology is very inconsistent among computers and browsers. We have tested the game on many different devices and never had that issue, so there's not much we can do about it. The only think we can do is suggesting using the latest Firefox browser, it seems that people have better performances with it. Thanks anyway for playing!

It's so interesting when you use the photograph thing to xray everything including the cop-rat. Get to see so many secrets

One of the best things I love is the effort put into the art and flavor/text, its a very fun read too.
I absolutely love reading the background and seeing the depth of the history and culture is amazing

I'm terrible at puzzles so i needed help, but as usual these games are so worth!

Okay, I can't get it to load in my primary browser. It _does_ work in my backup browser, but that one lags to the point of unplayability when I try to use the camera

Like, if it worked, it'd be decent point-and-click horror game. But it doesn't work

FM-Studio responds:

Hello, sorry to hear this. Everything works fine on our end, so it's quite hard to find a fix.
Have you tried using the latest Firefox browser? it seems that people have better performances with it. Thanks anyway for playing!

The lack of progress bar is fine. How long this takes to load (if it even ever does?) is not. I've been waiting over an hour and it's still not loaded. Which means this game is either badly tested and it froze (at the very least it should work on both Firefox and Chrome) or, more likely, it is entirely too large in filesize. Possibly both.

If the game is too large in filesize, most likely is because you've put way too many high quality music files in and/or thrown in huge video files into the game, and maybe both. You need to strip down the quality of audio files, and for video files either severely reduce the quality and length or just remove them entirely.

I cannot give a good rating to something which takes such an inexcusable time to load, and likely is also a big bandwidth abuser. Just because Newgrounds allows you to upload huge game files doesn't mean you should.

If I try this at a later date and this has been improved, I will adjust score and rating accordingly.

Ask yourself, would you give something higher than a zero rating if it wouldn't even load and you had been sitting there hours?

--edit--

Now that you've added a progress bar I can give more useful feedback. The game loads to about 80% or so and then it just gets hung. Please fix.

--edit2--

After being frozen and reloading a couple times the game finally loaded. Seems the loading progress bar will be necessary for people to know if the game just got stuck loading or if they should still wait. Can finally play the game now. Rating adjusted.

FM-Studio responds:

Hey there, the game is not THAT big, we are talking about a couple of minutes loading time, not hours! Try to refresh the page and see if it starts. We've tested on latest Chrome, Firefox and Safari and the game starts in less than 2 minutes. Thank you.
--Edit after your edits--
Thanks a lot for giving us another chance!