Reviews for "Wayward"

Others are saying it doesn't matter what choices you make in the game but there are three different endings. On time twice (ignoring granny), on time first time & help granny second time, or late both times.

Only 2 outcomes and 2 levels, but I like the design, music and the few gameplay.
I'm sure there's more to come from this ! =)

Is this just a demo? Only has 2 short levels. And doesn't matter if you help the granny or not.

Though the theme stated in the description doesn't come forward, to me the story was an interesting take on compromises. Both possible endings being bad sucked, but this suited the unique narrative quite well.

I also really like the art, but its inconsistencies feel a bit off. Some things have way more details than others, and the characters are a lot more saturated than the rest of the game (especially the much darker outline feels off). Also, falling in the water looks kinda off, I would just do a quick ripple / splash effect before respawning the player.
I would also prefer the text with the parents to be in a homelike environment, instead of over a pond. You could also put a window in front of it, to show that you're looking outside.

The music is great too, and although it feels a bit weird that there are no sound effect I didn't miss them that much. This also allowed me to take in the music.

Anyways, given the unique narrative I would like to ask what inspired you to make this?

OurLittleStudio responds:

Hey, you raise some great points about the art and overall level of polish. Due to time constraints on this little project we had to compromise on a lot of these things.

In response to your question, we gave ourselves a brief surrounding the concept of motivation, and how this affects decision making, and the result of the choices made.

i went the wrong way the first day, then ignored granny and went the right way on day 2. i think the only flaw with the concept of "questioning your motivation for playing games" is that you have to be into the story before morality plays a role. i (the player) have no connection to granny, all i know is i will get punished for arriving late. therefore, ive learned not to arrive late, and i view granny as a distraction.

otherwise cute game