Reviews for "Just Slide!"

I game that won't get angry at you or punish you for not playing exactly the way it wants you to play. Looks very simple but I like how the gameplay, music, and visuals match together for the 'relaxing' theme. Good job!
- It doesn't save your progress. It's an important feature for even small games. Because it really upsets the player to start over. as it happened to me :) I believe you should set this as your next goal. (considering it's 'studentmade')
- Grids could be more visible for painted squares and some of the painted square colors seem to be more dominant than wall colors. Just a minor thing that might be considered.

AdityaChaudhary responds:

I am looking into game saving problem..
I will inform you soon..
Edit:Saving issue is fixed now

Really good job!

Now, make a new type of tiles that can be run over only once/twice/thrice :)

Good Idea.. Thanks

Too bad it doesn't save your progress if you come back later. Other than that, a great game. Level 32 took me a couple of tries to complete. :)

AdityaChaudhary responds:

Game saving issue is fixed now..
I really apologise for the progress loss

At first I thought "Why isn't it keeping track of my number of moves? Where is the challenge without it?" But I quickly realised it works much better as a relaxed experience, without a constant reminder that you can do better. There's just something serene & satisfying about filling in all boxes, even if it is almost exclusively trial & error. The game is also just the right length, perhaps maybe 2 levels too long I was about to quit at 30 until I saw I was near the end.

The art looks poorly made & inconsistent at first, but it has its own charm (like the constant variation in color). Especially the "Level complete Awesome!!" has a really neat 90's WordArt feel to it. The menu could look more interesting though.

Also, great music & sound effects! I don't think I would've completed the game without it.

Besides some small touches the game is pretty much perfect. I would look up "game juice", this game doesn't <em>need<em> it but it makes pretty much anything more fun. Also, adding some variation to the sound effect via a random pitch shift does wonders.

As it works so well I have to ask, how did you come up with the concept?

AdityaChaudhary responds:

Do you know "GazThomas" or have you ever played his games on Kongregate.
I have learnt a lot from his games.
His website "FreeGames. org" had a similar game. I though of making something more advanced than that and came up with this game.

I liked that the last few levels had more challenges to them (like inescapable dead end corridors)
One thing though, the occassional green/magenta color combo with the background really hurted my eyes... And I like that green, but be careful with saturation and brightness...