Reviews for "Penderecki's Dream"

OMFG YOU JUST DROPPED DA NUKE! (no pun intended)

What you kidding me bro? this piece is going to win so hard it will knock everything else in the path. The production and quality overall is above and beyond. Thank goodness I listened to this in the noon time, else I would have all my hair on the body stood up at midnight. And I'm listening to this on loop, that's something.

I have heard Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima before this piece (in Children of Men), but I do believe your rivals that piece. Mind melting work. The amount of detail is amusing. Damn I ran out of vocabularies to describe this...

i don't want to sound like a wimp but this piece brought back some dark memories. Sometime I wish I could undo my life and start over again, erasing all these unpleasant memories. but i can't.

thank you for this mindblowing track.

Phonometrologist responds:

I actually hope it doesn’t win, because I don’t want to offend anyone if a non-tonal piece places over other tracks that are. But also, judging music in general is hard to do since it has many points of personal opinion and tastes, but by adding to it an aleatoric piece makes judging it even less quantifiable. Thank you for the endearing remarks. However, I can’t ever put myself in a position next to Penderecki as he envisioned and created this style. The laurel wreath remains upon him as the creation can never surpass its creator. At a technical stand point, I emailed 8Dio that we still need a library that could change in oscillation in realtime of the string’s tremolo like in "Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima.” Also, In “Threnody…” the tone clusters has different string players resolve to microtones. We are still far from achieving complete control of what a string player can do in a performance. But then again, the argument would be that these companies are only interested in creating libraries for commercial use.

Quite horrifying indeed.....This tells a story. Although it's not melodic in the sense it flows in the usual pretty way most music does, this is the way of horror, and it flows well. This is probably one of the most horrifying things I've heard, reminds me a little of the early Friday the 13th movies, with the music I mean. It's very expressive of the artwork.

Though I do have mixed feelings, but the dynamics and mixing here are amazing. I don't know if I could listen again due to the fact my anxiety is now at an all time high....haha, is some pretty scary stuff (just like your "skull" piece that one year), but good piece still. Thing about this is, it's not all over the place, it actually has progression and build-up, and changes in the movement.

You should score a horror movie. God damn...lol

Phonometrologist responds:

Good for you for sitting through this; it was fun reading your review. It's reassuring that the "flow" or contour can be followed as I think all music should have that regardless if it's tonal or not. Thank you for the sentiment.

Quite right. Another masterpiece. The use the "sticks" was particularly effective.