Reviews for "Penderecki's Dream"

OMFG YOU JUST DROPPED DA NUKE! (no pun intended)

What you kidding me bro? this piece is going to win so hard it will knock everything else in the path. The production and quality overall is above and beyond. Thank goodness I listened to this in the noon time, else I would have all my hair on the body stood up at midnight. And I'm listening to this on loop, that's something.

I have heard Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima before this piece (in Children of Men), but I do believe your rivals that piece. Mind melting work. The amount of detail is amusing. Damn I ran out of vocabularies to describe this...

i don't want to sound like a wimp but this piece brought back some dark memories. Sometime I wish I could undo my life and start over again, erasing all these unpleasant memories. but i can't.

thank you for this mindblowing track.

Phonometrologist responds:

I actually hope it doesn’t win, because I don’t want to offend anyone if a non-tonal piece places over other tracks that are. But also, judging music in general is hard to do since it has many points of personal opinion and tastes, but by adding to it an aleatoric piece makes judging it even less quantifiable. Thank you for the endearing remarks. However, I can’t ever put myself in a position next to Penderecki as he envisioned and created this style. The laurel wreath remains upon him as the creation can never surpass its creator. At a technical stand point, I emailed 8Dio that we still need a library that could change in oscillation in realtime of the string’s tremolo like in "Threnody to the Victims of Hiroshima.” Also, In “Threnody…” the tone clusters has different string players resolve to microtones. We are still far from achieving complete control of what a string player can do in a performance. But then again, the argument would be that these companies are only interested in creating libraries for commercial use.

Although I'd agree that this piece isn't likely to win, it's one of my favorite submissions so far. I have a high level of neuroticism, so I can really relate to the extreme emotions this track evokes. This will definitely be one of those tracks that I'll listen to periodically over the course of many years.

Phonometrologist responds:

Well I hope this doesn’t contribute to the neuroticism, but rather it being a theraputic one. Thank you for the comments.