Reviews for "Berry The Scientist"

So, the floor being "trapped" implies a source of damage, though there isn't one. And not sure how to get at the first mercenaries, since I can't jump the hole under seemingly any circumstance.

amidos2006 responds:

you need to avoid the traps on the floor because they end ur turn.

Wow, I really liked this puzzler! Felt like the design of it was very intuitive, even more so than Terry the Skeleton. While I miss the action and story of Terry, I do like the slow, methodical strategy of this game as I feel it allows me to use all of the mechanics more effectively, especially when it comes to switching between the two types of movement, and dealing with witches, who I think are a bit annoying in how they can just fire anywhere instead of in a set pattern like everyone else. My dream would be to make it all under one game, where normal mode is Berry and Terry would be the challenge mode you unlock after your intial playthrough. Great work on putting this together!

amidos2006 responds:

Thanks :) I was thinking about that with different characters to select from :)

didn't like it at first. came around

amidos2006 responds:

Glad you enjoyed it by the end :)

73 ticks.

Quite enjoyable, though it could be more challenging. I rarely thought my actions through and yet I only took damage a few times.

Also, give an in-game description to explain the dash & which button triggers it. I shouldn't have to look at the description to figure out why I can't move across the gap.

I haven't played Terry, but I like the interconnectedness of the two. Makes it feel like a real world, and makes me want to try it. Besides this being the "real" story compared to the fake in Terry, I found the story quite lackluster. I enjoyed the mini in-between cutscenes, but they could be a bit more interesting than "church throws more stuff at you." You can add a lot of flair by adding little details: "The church was running out of options, and desperate enough to promise sacred land to whichever wicked witch would bring your head. Anything was better than the prospect of joining their lord soon."

How long did it take you to make?

amidos2006 responds:

Thanks a lot for the feedback :) It is always appreciated and always fun to see people enjoying the game :) Both Terry and Berry took like 4 days to finish for the ProcJam :)

It's a greata gamea