Reviews for "Shuffle World"

OUTDATED/FIXED: Nice one, but sliding should be much lower when not on ice.

EDIT: Now, that the movement has improved this much, the game leaves a far better impression.

Bugs: No bugs found. Being unable to move while level tiles are moving "feels" a bit buggy ("Hmm, I activated the *change the world* command, and now I can not play until the change is completed ...").

Music/Story:
For the current game version, it is ok. Once you add story (Why the fruits? Why is the world being shuffeled/Why is the main character able to shuffle it? Who is the character, what is his motivation?), you might want to change it depending on the situation. Even Mario had to save a princess ;)

Suggestions:
- This game setup is perfectly made to build mazes. I would recommend to allow the player to make one tile movement for each fruit he collects.
- Yellow fruits could move with level tiles, while green fruits stick to the background position (they are not moved with the level tile)

- The greatest hinderance in the game still is that the character can not be controlled while the world is moving. This would add completely new possibilities, but also, difficulties. Make a second, new game out of this, where not two tiles swap their positions, but where only one level tile is being moved (this requires to have one "empty" tile on each level).
- Above suggestion would possibly focus on a precise "world shuffle" activation timing, meaning that mouse clicks would be rather uncomfortable. However, with only one tile being moved, the keyboard arrow keys could be used instead of the mouse in order to shuffle the world.

MrNannings responds:

Yes sliding is now lower and movement is overall more resposive.

Definitely an interesting new take on platformers, but like some other reviewers have said, there needs to be a little more work with stuff like sliding around and the physics

MrNannings responds:

Thanks, I updated the physics it's also not slidy anymore.

There's some fucky things going on, many of them are evident on Level 12.

For one, the character we control seems to have an unstable hit-box to how he lands, as if his lower corners are rounded like a rombus. This is really noticeable when you're trying to land on one tile right on the other side of a jumping hog or a spike trap- he'll land on the tile but kinda slide off, and it doesn't seem like a momentum overcorrection on my end.

Secondly, if the terrain the character is on is too high, several things happen in a switch.

On level 12, if we start on the top left section and that's "1" , I position myself at the extreme edge of 2, inboard to the middle. I swapped it with the platform below it, but my character stayed suspended in mid-air. After the terrain is done switching, I plummet to my death atop a jumping hog right below me.

Another thing that sometimes happens is the hogs will have inconsistent autonomy. At first I thought they were too easy of an obstacle, and thought it was an interesting addition to ramp up the difficulty so that the hogs will sometimes charge after a while, but the more I played, the more I started to realize this may be accidental. I'll die on one, and they'll back up sometimes. Sometimes they'll start moving forward when all they did was jump after I died. But SOMETIMES I'd swap tiles, and they'd be in a position, through timing, that enabled them to charge forward indefinitely, onto other sections.

I wanted to vote top score on it because this is a really interesting idea, but I think some bolts need to be tightened on this. More variety of enemies, more consistently in the existing enemies behaviors, and more deliberate platforming physics that feel sturdier on our character, as well as tightening the core game mechanic.

Still, really cool idea and the polish is there. I hope this goes far for you! Keep up the excellent work, and never stop!

MrNannings responds:

Thanks that a big reply. Need to study on that. I have updated the movement but the other things you mention I still have to process.

sometimes enemy or you got pushed by map swapping and made the game either much easier to clear or bounce out of screen then instant death. otherwise it is a good game.

Overall good game,keep getting stuck at level 19,need some tips on that one.