Reviews for "Shuffle World"

That's cool!!!

Definitely an interesting new take on platformers, but like some other reviewers have said, there needs to be a little more work with stuff like sliding around and the physics

MrNannings responds:

Thanks, I updated the physics it's also not slidy anymore.

I really like games with slippery controls.

After the update:
Thanks for the sliding reduction, it definitely made the character more controlalble. The small screen still complicates matters though - the stealthy spikes and unpredictable enemy physics are unnecessarily difficult this way.. Although it's much more manageable now with better controls.
I have found something though, not sure if it's a bug or intended feature... If the jumping enemies are midair as you swap two areas, the enemies won't transport. This makes some levels quite exploitable, since you can just kill off the enemies or send them somewhere where they're not a threat. If it's an intended feature, then I have to say that jumping on the enemies' head would be simpler :D

MrNannings responds:

Made it less sliding and it's more resposive now.

OUTDATED/FIXED: Nice one, but sliding should be much lower when not on ice.

EDIT: Now, that the movement has improved this much, the game leaves a far better impression.

Bugs: No bugs found. Being unable to move while level tiles are moving "feels" a bit buggy ("Hmm, I activated the *change the world* command, and now I can not play until the change is completed ...").

Music/Story:
For the current game version, it is ok. Once you add story (Why the fruits? Why is the world being shuffeled/Why is the main character able to shuffle it? Who is the character, what is his motivation?), you might want to change it depending on the situation. Even Mario had to save a princess ;)

Suggestions:
- This game setup is perfectly made to build mazes. I would recommend to allow the player to make one tile movement for each fruit he collects.
- Yellow fruits could move with level tiles, while green fruits stick to the background position (they are not moved with the level tile)

- The greatest hinderance in the game still is that the character can not be controlled while the world is moving. This would add completely new possibilities, but also, difficulties. Make a second, new game out of this, where not two tiles swap their positions, but where only one level tile is being moved (this requires to have one "empty" tile on each level).
- Above suggestion would possibly focus on a precise "world shuffle" activation timing, meaning that mouse clicks would be rather uncomfortable. However, with only one tile being moved, the keyboard arrow keys could be used instead of the mouse in order to shuffle the world.

MrNannings responds:

Yes sliding is now lower and movement is overall more resposive.