Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Cacalotl"

Amazing visuals and terrific overall sound design!

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot! I also love how the music turned out, it is the work of a good friend.

This is personal nitpicking. The name split with Shi and Gu doesn't fit with me on the title. It's not defining nor legible. The white spherical explosion also doesn't fit well with me. If you're aiming to show death, blinding the viewer from the results is a cop out. No debris, fracturing, or even the clouds dispersing? Fair enough as it's your microcosm, as shown by consequence of the crow disintegrating. The fade to white then black just feels lacking. I'd rather have the consequence of sacrifice displayed, or panning to the empty skies than that.

Shi-Gu responds:

Shi-Gu is my artistic name, that's just how it is.
Other than that, I think this is a fair critique. I do agree that the aftermath/destruction caused by the explosion would have been great to have (the clouds do disperse, but very subtly indeed), but since this was a school project and I did it all in my own, time constrains didn't allow for a lot of things I wish I could have done.
The original concept was to present this along with other clips representing other Crow characters going through the same cycle, but again because of the time I had to work on it, I had to keep it as just one. That's why it feels incomplete as an independent story, this is pretty much just a few highlights from this character's story. Having said that, if I ever get to work this story in a more finished format (perhaps a comic) I'll definitely go in depth with the consequences of sacrifice and pretty much everything else that was omitted here.

Very cool art! It's like an acid trip!

Mind blown

holy fucking shit! thats amazing. def gonna follow you, what youve made is weird and cosmic and beautiful. love the medieval mexican theming that im picking up, too

Shi-Gu responds:

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it!