Reviews for "AIM - Faith in Freedom"

Sounds excellent dude! I can totally hear this being in the game. You surprised me with this one. LOVE IT!

I0TA responds:

Thank you very much for providing me the opportunity to express this work. And thank you for the review :)

I haven't been leaving many reviews lately on your tracks, not that I don't like them I do listen to all of them. I'm just not too great at these reviews/critics simply because all of your tracks are great :)
But I did have to leave one for this cause I think this is the best song you ever did till now.
I love the ambience in this and the synths along with the vocal is beautiful, which vocal instrument did you use? It sounds really good!
Nice work man, I really hope you will get into the top 3 with this one.

I0TA responds:

Thank you so much for your review. It was Heavyocity Gravity Vocalise. Thanks again for the review and listen. And also congrats for the frontpage. See you soon on Skype. :)

The vocals are marvelous, and they are the highlight of the song for me. The drum beats are astounding as well; they have so much depth, variation, and modulation. The song has a great progression. Some parts demand your attention, while others allow you to listen passively, which serves as a break from all the action. This is definitely one of my favorite songs of yours!

The story in your description is very inspirational :)

I0TA responds:

thank you very much for your review!

i like to interpret the music as if they tell or represent some sort of story. in order to get such inspiration for such storytelling technique i usually get them from my daily life. since i have pretty much close-to-zero properties on me, beside a beat-up Civic packed with some necessities, i pretty much have to find inspirations from every single shit i did, do and gonna do. it doesn't matter of the listeners find the description hysterical when they read it. because all these shits are 100% happened and happening every single day. the same routines that i have to pass in order to survive. so i prefer my listeners to feel my stories rather than some imaginative crackpot story about flying dragon or phoenix.

people can choose not to read it if they find them strange or disturbing, i don't really give a fuck. but i like to have the audiences feel what a composer felt, because every work of such musician ever written are part of his memories and is the evidence of his existence. you can see me as an existentialist, cos i take terror management theory very seriously.

but those are just my 2 cents.

hey this is really good
i feel like the soundscape gets cluttered and claustrophobic at ~2:31-3:10, i think spacing out the crunchy synths more, or maybe just more dynamic mastering in general, would help keep the atmosphere of oppression (a good thing!) without physically sounding oppressive (not as good a thing!).

really like the intensity of everything. there are a lot of subtle details, though i think some of those higher string pads towards the end feel a little overbearing in conjunction with the vocals (e.g. 4:17-4:27). really like the variety in the sound design, good use of complementary tone colours.

structurally, i would've liked stronger theming. the piece develops in an interesting way but doesn't really seem to sit around a tight idea - i have a lot of ideas about musical storytelling that i'm not super good at articulating though so i might leave it at that. i will say the flowy vocals are a really good glue to hold the piece together, but i don't get a strong sense of melodic cohesion. this is the part of reviewing that i hate cause it's all subjective n shit :v

anyway this is fkn good, keep it up. here's hoping your living situation improves so you ain't bangin tracks out of a car anymore!

I0TA responds:

Holy cow midi reviewed!!!!! :O world would explode. Thank you so so much for your well thoughtful review dude!!! And thank you for listening!

you are accurately described what were wrong in this track and what i should improve in here. thank you for that.

I did write a longer review out earlier, but I accidentally closed my tab haha.
Anyway, yeah this is a top-5 contender so far and probably for the rest of the competition.

Only things I could (personally) think of which I could think this could be improved:
- Adding some additional drive/saturation to some of the rythmic tonals on lower-note sounding inserts (the higher ones do this quite nicely already).
- Making some of the bass arp instances abit louder.
- Some additional stereo imaging to declutter, but still have all of your elements present in the 2:32-3:12 segment of the track.

Ayyy that's it really. Everything else is pretty damn solid. Nice work m8 ;)

I0TA responds:

Thank you for your thoughtful constructive criticism. :) Your entry is also fucking awesome!!!!

Thanks again for the kind words!!