Reviews for "AIM - Faith in Freedom"

Wtf, haha...
This is incredibly beautiful...

Such an effective slow build-up, wonderful melodies, impeccable sound design, thyrhm and structure. There so much going on on so many levels, yet the mix is perfectly clean!

I've got no idea how you managed to make this, but it's simply stunning. I love every second of this. And the sound effect at 4:35 is just brilliant. Seriously though, the arrangement of this one is just 100% on point. This isn't only on the level of a professional musician, but I think it's actually better than a lot, if not most of what professional musicians make.

I don't like making predictions like these, especially this early. But I've got a feeling you have a good chance of winning one of the top spots with this one. Not only does it sound awesome, but from a technical standpoint, it also holds up on every level.

I'm still in awe, haha. This is one of my all time favorite tracks of yours. Going to share it with a few of my friends!
Thanks for sharing, and good luck in the contest, man.
Astounding job <3

I0TA responds:

When I saw the AIM thread​ I went to turbo mode and made the track right away, without realizing that the track is longer than 6 minutes. It was 8 minutes lol. Only realized that when I almost finished the track.

Something that you said on my edgy post really lit a fire in me. I should be grateful for how far I got. Having shit life doesn't mean you will have shit experience. I found joy again after so long. Thank you so much for everything.

Good luck to you too. See you on Skype :)

Wow, first submission of the contest on the first day the contest opens.. and killed it.
It was already incredible enough to know that you did this in one day on the first day, but after reading the description I feel like there needs to be a NG musician inspired music contest/appreciation or something lol.

Awesome track!

I0TA responds:

Thank you for your review.

Music Inspired contest going to be very interesting. ForgottenDawn did mention this in his post that hosting a Music Inspired Animation contest is great, especially after Phyrnna uploaded her music video. RealFaction and Troisnyx also show their interests.

IMHO, this is one of your most gorgeous use of vocals yet! The intro itself paints such a strong scene - I think it is my favorite of all your works thus far. There's also a shorter melody I really like which plays more introvertedly throughout the song. How do you keep producing better and better material?!?!?! :O It's just pouring out of you. Btw, I keep wanting to express my woe that you are eating McChicken.

On a side thought, I find freedom to be an interesting thing. I think the world would be far better were it free of oppression, whether direct or subtle/manipulative, but were mankind altogether free of a healthy conscience, the world would be its scariest yet. I think the ideal environment comes from knowing what to keep bound to and what to be freed of.

Can't wait to hear your next piece! :D

I0TA responds:

Thank you for your review! :)

perhaps not in the old days, but with this current age and time, freedom and liberty for mankind isn't difficult to achieve. i might sound of like a nut job anarchist, which i am btw, but abolishing hierarchies of all form should guarantee this goal becomes achievable. it doesn't make a different if it was capitalism or state socialism. because removing authority is what should have happened.

i would love to say we should also think about abolishing the oppression of all animals, however, this is quite unachievable since: 1) i was chomping on a chicken burger 2) as someone with indigenous bloodline becoming a vegan is very offensive to the way of life of the First Nations. but there is no ethical consumption under capitalism. so until we could create nutritions that doesn't come from animals, we have to depend on animal's meats.

i am powerless alone against the machine of this system which have marauded millions of lives around the world. but as a collective we are powerful enough to make the magic happens. to not just change or reform, but to abolish the system and build a mutual global community for everyone. it is up to us to stand up for our generation and the next ones.

i often refer my music to be a form of agitprop, aka agitation propaganda. not the bullcrap that US and co have been spewing by referring to state socialist stuff, but in literal form of art spread with political or social awareness. as stated in one of my post, the music here are a culture jamming, by taking mainstream software, style and genre, then turning them into direct messages of power to spread among people. this is agitprop.

sorry for the rants...

thank you for your support very much! wish the best for your father! take care!

There's not much more I can add to what has already been said about such a piece, but that's not the point anyway. You mentioned before that you spent quite a large amount of time on this more than usual, but as far as I'm concerned, you still are able to crank out pieces faster than anyone else I know and still achieve such a fantastic result. You're an example of "first thought, best thought," spoken by Allen Ginsberg. And this piece perhaps shows that your mind, and everyone else, is where the battle of freedom originates. Mental slavery is the most difficult to overcome, and so often music is what gives us that glimpse of hope. But it is an ongoing battle with every piece as it only lasts until it stops. The vocal work here fits perfectly and beautifully. When the snare comes in at 1:50, there's a feeling of great anticipation. I expected a grand explosion, but when 2:31 is revealed instead, I realize that there really isn't any other way to do it. When the percussive bass begins to slide at 3:41, we hear something ominous in the horizon. A reminder of what is to come with every piece of music...

I0TA responds:

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful review! :D

i hope you participate this AIM or NGADM!! Can't wait to see what you are gonna come up with. im very excited for it!

Oh jeez, this song is really good! For a teen music artist I think it will be hard to come close to this song in the AIM competition. The mixing is amazing, the theme is flawless and the artwork selection is very good. I know my problem is that I can't create one theme and stick to it. This song has inspired me to make better work though! Awesome song!