Reviews for "Sunglasses."

Awesome!

I think the sky should have been blue...It would've provided great contrast to the reds and yellows...It seems a bit washed out and draws your eye to that vs drawing ones eye to the figure which is superb! :)

ghlow responds:

thanks, i see what you mean, with the red/yellow/blue primary color thing going on. I think the reason it ended up this way is because i originally drew it on a brown background, but i decided to add a blue overtone to it, resulting in a beige color. Finding the perfect tone is always a huge challenge for me, so thanks for the input :D

10/10 !

is this hand drawing? how did you color it? 10/10 btw :D

ghlow responds:

it was drawn by hand, then linearted and colored in photoshop ^^
the sketch is superimposed over the colored version.

atmospheric

I wish I could better describe my reaction. At any rate, this is pretty awesome. Took me a second to realize the backdrop was a skyscape and not just a mottled green surface. The only thing I might suggest is maybe a little more in the backdrop for context (e.g. city skyline). I was hoping to see more in the same vein as your superstition piece though.

ghlow responds:

The superstition sort of painterly style tend to be my default style, but I chose to do the concentration this way because it's more design-oriented and more print-type illustration. There will definitely be more painterly works intermittently or after the conclusion of this series. :D

The spine..

On the back, is there meant to be a slight outline of the spine on her back? also, if its meant to be a random character study, then shouldn't they look more.....generic? I mean it may look more random if you do an ensemble piece of work but i think it would need more elaboration than the given information.

Digging The Style

I really like your style. You make use of hard edges while maintaining a fluid and organic look. What is your preferred medium?

I hope you keep submitting regularly.

ghlow responds:

haha i know im replynig ridiculously hella late, but i use photoshop cs3 for pretty much everything that i dont do in pencil. Thanks for the nice words.