Reviews for "Flow Runner"

Interesting game, but the camera view makes it a bit confusing. Lots of times you simply don't see where are you supposed to land. Especially those changing angles are annoying.

Also sometimes there is a problem with bad design of the subsequent platforms. I met a situation in which I had high ground in front of me, but no booster up.

PS

As for the stage design: I just have been thrown out of a booster in a way that simply gave me no chance of reaching the next platform...

And another situation: I fell being completely unable to see what is below me...

A suggestion: zoom out the view... I simply would want to SEE where am I going, otherwise the game is just becoming luck-based, not skill-based.

Amni3D responds:

I see. The fisheye effect was inspired by Sonic Xtreme. I know that it was a love it or hate it kind of thing with how it works. On one side, you can see more, on the other side it might be confusing to a few players.

Also, as difficulty progresses, you're expected to spend some of your stamina to make it through an area, often with water bottles nearby to refill stamina if you really can't make it. The boosters also refill a small portion of your stamina as well. Remember you can double jump and dash when you need to. If you're really having trouble, focus more on leveling up, and as such collect more coins and visit the shop more often.

EDIT: As for your edits, I'll look into updating the build. Changing the game's design entirely isn't feasible, but stuff like "zooming out the view" and increasing the glide's view offset can be taken into account.

Some of the mechanics and design in this game aren't ideal, but I'm the type of person who can admire artistry and ambition, and this certainly is ambitious. Good job.

Amni3D responds:

"Some of the mechanics and design in this game aren't ideal"
I'm inclined to agree, yeah.
"and this certainly is ambitious."
Sometimes I wonder that since I had it chalked up as "generic endless runner". But then I realize there isn't much that plays like this in specific. Which implies it's something new, at least. I tried to make the endless runner I wanted to play, but by the time I think I figured out what that would look like a little more, the game was already done with all it's issues :v
But people are having fun despite that, so there's probably some merit in this flavor of the idea.

Takes a moment to get used to on PC, but not bad. It feel like things are coming at you to fast to react to at times, and that your making it through the level trough random jumps and dashes.

Amni3D responds:

Yeah, I think the camera work needed a bit more work.

I'm immediately getting Sonic vibes with the character. He runs like him, boosts like him, stomps like him...

Was this originally from the Generations engine?

Amni3D responds:

Heavy Sonic inspiration indeed (although I don't feel that it plays like him in practice: different gameplay loop, downplays momentum in comparison, etc).

The game didn't start out as a mod or fangame, or anything to do with Generations in specific. I just took heavy inspiration from Sonic Runners particularly.

I reached above 6000 meters but I can't get Distance 3 achievement and when I reached 3000 meters I got Distance 2 achievement instead ?! Anyway cool runner with fisheye slider. The patterns gets repetitive after a short while. Cool peace.

Amni3D responds:

After looking through the code multiple times, I came to the conclusion the achievement bugs aren't from the code itself, but likely because the achievements API I'm using isn't the most up to date. I may or may not get around to it, this game isn't at the top of my priority list right now. If you try again, it'll probably unlock.

Glad you found it fun, even so!