Reviews for "Flow Runner"

Didn't gave me my last medal >:( but great game

Amni3D responds:

That sucks.. However, other people seem to be unlocking the Hoarder 3 medal just fine.
I'm glad you like the game, btw.
EDIT: I think I know what happened. Looking into it. If you try again, it'll probably unlock, however :v
EDIT2: Game has been updated. A glitch has been fixed where medals wouldn't unlock if you died right after.

Sonic-ish games are the best.

Amni3D responds:

You can do a lot with the Sonic kind of gameplay style, whether you want to do something new, or refine what already exists. But it does have some challenges involved not immediately obvious in designing them (momentum, and tight level design) that either need to be embraced or designed around. Looking back at the Classic Sonic games, they were pretty conscious of what they were working with more and more each game. Basically, with lessons learned, I think I could do this game better since I understand this kind of gameplay style more. Live and learn :v

By the way, if you want to check out a Sonic-ish game that released recently, check out Spark the Electric Jester 2.

Hey! love the game, I was also wondering what the music is or if its something you originally composed yourself, If its on youtube I definitely gotta add it to a playlist of mine! If its not too much trouble, whats the music from or whats it called/ whos it by? Thanks for making this game

Amni3D responds:

I made it specifically for the game, and learned how to make music in the process. I'm not sure if it's worth uploading to the audio portal however, as I don't think my skill in music justifies that, *yet*.

I'm glad you like the game, btw!

Its always nice to play a small little game full of original characters and and objects to me, and this is like that! The game controls really well, and has a great aesthetic, with its JSRF or P5 lookin' visuals, and funky but relaxing music, that really suits the game. The character art is great, and the short little dialouges between runs is such a nice touch. I love how all the characters have outlines, and the fish-eye lens not only makes it look unique, but allows you to see more stuff ahead, which is great! My one issue is that, maybe its just my computer (which it likely is, this thing is really old.), but the double-jump only ever seemed to work when it wanted to. Thats a small blemish though, on another wise great game! Great work!

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do the characters have names, and also how long did this take to make?

Thanks!
The characters kind-of have names. The main character in my head is named "Flow", but it's really just something of a placeholder. He wasn't originally meant to be much of a specific character, he was more meant to just be a player avatar. Originally he had no specific design, and was meant to be like a customizable stick-figure marshmallow looking guy. But I felt that took away from any kind of soul the game could have by intentionally creating "generic the character". Other characters are more or less unnamed, like "Shop Keeper" and "Slime".

As for how long this game took- I can't really say exactly... On one hand, I can "say" it was developed in like 2 years, but a good portion of that 2 years was struggling with my incompetence, learning Unity, or not actually working on it. But regardless, it did take a long time.

gamer moment for funny epic gamers and suh that go haha funny times for me people hahahah doodo and stinky

what