Reviews for "Pit King"

I've read the comments and reviews. How about instead of adding a delay for the next level how about just making a button for it so players have a choice when to start the next wave. Because the delay might be too long or too short for other players.

give the option to repair and upgrade walls.

Oultrox responds:

Giving an option for making the next wave would break the challenge of our game deisgn I'm afraid. It's exploitable once you have a lot of bones, so we tried to balance it. Many RTS game does it this way in fact, thank you for the feedback!

oof got to level 54 and score didn't get logged.
its still a good game,
but investing so much into this and not getting in the leaderboard left me really frustrated.

Oultrox responds:

I totally understand the frustation.

Let me investigate, does any other record has been registered?

I got level 75 and decided to just let the game win. My score didn't get logged!

Great game especially for 72hrs. I look forward to future builds now that you have time, and constructive criticism from everyone.

Oultrox responds:

I'm glad you found our game this fun tho I know must be frustiating the leaderboard thing.

I'll investigate. Btw did any record registered before?

Simple fun game, would like a pause button when upgrading maybe but, not needed. Game worked for me, enjoyed it a bit. Doesn't have enough, (what can I do next) to make me anxious to return to it, but would surely recommend others giving it a try. Solid fun.

Oultrox responds:

I'm glad you liked it! thanks for the fair feedback

Extensive feedback:

It's a fun game, but it does have a lot of niggling annoyances:

-You can deconstruct turrets, but not fences...very annoying, especially if you misplace a wall!

-When you click to upgrade towers, it covers a lot of the screen, meaning you can not upgrade quick enough if your character/ screen is positioned in such a way that you have to move character up/ down to upgrade turrets you couldn't select (hope that makes sense)

-rather than have a click and place method, I am sure a numbered system (ie, tapping 1 to build wall, 2 for turret and 3 for bomb) would be more than efficient and easier to manage this kind of game

-have an upgrade for the wall system? It reaches a point where the only thing you can do is rebuild walls as quick as possible and the game becomes a bit pointless after, as you can not build more turrets to fend the enemies off (and even if you did I think it would be pointless as the turrets have a certain range and building walls caps the range of turret...catch 22 :S

-bombs are useless, maybe a ranged turret could be added instead?

-no specials, like I dunno, a bomb that blows up all the enemies or a special that heals the health of your turrets/ walls

-Finally: I think you need to give the player a bit more time to rebuild the base in between levels. Unless that was intention...because the only way to survive long enough is to build enough walls to cover the turrets and we know that adding more turrets is pretty much pointless, even when upgraded. You can not expect the player to be able to build insanely fast with a defence and attack cap based on how this game runs. It would be like giving someone a machine gun and increasing the volume of zombies attacking you. Eventually, the amount of enemies you kill vs super influx of enemies are negligible. Anyways, gg, but could be better :)

Oultrox responds:

Thank you for the feedback, an update is comming taclking the hotkey issues and buffing the bombs to a wide and more powerful range.

We couldnt pull off everything to a perfect level due to the game initially was made in 72 hours but we do have some plans for updates.

We're also planning to add bit more of delay between levels indeed.

Balancing the game is a huge thing to us and it's actually pretty complex, the last thing you said, without it, it'll become endless and such, not challenging, as we can't add hundreds of types of enemies, but we'll still tackle most of your feedback so thanks again!