Reviews for "Pit King"

What would normally be a 3.5 i bumped up to 4 for game jam.

The core gameplay is good, though a little simple.
I would have liked to see it either keep getting harder till impossible or have a finish at like level 50. Basically after 30 it seemed i could go on as many levels as i had time to, so i quit at 55.
The units are few, but it is a game jam.
I felt i could have used more explination on like bombs and turret types.
Wall upgrades could have been a thing. bombs seem mostly useless.
I never had to throw bones so i dont know why thats included. which makes moving around basically slow camera control
The music and sound effects are banging so good job.
I sometimes had trouble upgrading when it wouldn't swap off or would select 2 squares.

Overall fun, perhaps more polish needed on tiny things, but as a game jam game of course you always need more time. Good job.

Oultrox responds:

I didn't understand the last feedback but yeah balancing waves are way tricky, there's a comment upon you that says the total opposite: too hard the game.

The bones are a mere support feature and bombs may be find use in later games when you upgrade it so you ditch that amount of bones youll have in high end waves probably.

All in all, a total fair feedback and thank you so much for it!

certainly a fun game to play good work, it would be good to have walls upgrades as well, and maybe there are some small details on the game to improve like a better tutorial, or even a better objective, I mean, like not just an endless tower defence

Oultrox responds:

Totally fair, we're already thinking on a unpgrade for the little walls. Thanks!

This game is amazing, easy to play and the sounds are great. I especially like the art. My only 1/2 star recommendation would be medals, but this is AMAZING

Great game, based on my favorite monster 10/10 would play again

it's a high quality game but i'm not a fan of the health = currency mechanic at all.

also i don't liek that you can't maze. you should implement a simple pathfinding mechanic. djikstra's algorithm would be fine for this. no need for any heuristics

edit: just a quick update. i came back to play again today (second attempt) and could have easily gotten to wave 30+ but got bored. i liked it more this time when i realized it was all about just spamming bombs and replenishing walls

Oultrox responds:

Totally understandable feedback, The gamejam theme was "your health is the currency" so heh perhaps isn't yoir jam and that's okay.

there's no maze sadly, we didn't want to design this game as maze one but rather something with a bit of spin-off (Say, plants vs Zombie), so A* or Djikstra's algoritm was out of the equation.

Thanks for your feedback!