Reviews for "Hot Air Balloon Challenge"

The wind speed algorithm sucks. Even if you bring the balloon down at an acceptable vertical rate, you will fail. More than once I've hit the target at less than .5 mps, but because it was being pushed at 3+, red screen.

JeffreyDriver responds:

The horizontal speed has no bearing on the win condition so it's possible you landed just before or after the landing area. When calculating a win, the horizontal speed isn't even considered. You need to hit the landing area at 0.5mps or less.

You should really make it much easier. Few times I landed on the right spot, but it still told me "nope, you lost", probly cause of the speed? I did finally get the gist of the game, but I still feel like it's way too anal, than it has any right to be. The other parts of your project are good

JeffreyDriver responds:

At first, it seems really hard. I'll admit it takes a bit of practice to get used to. Are you sure you didn't accidentally land too hard? It's quite easy to land too fast. Watch for the "TOO FAST!" warning, triggered if you're descending more than 0.5 mps.

pretty boring after first landing

Friggin fantasic simple game that feels like a love letter to games like moon-lander! I personaly enjoy the aesthetic alot aswell. Very well done considering it's simplicity!

its like landing the plane int he NES game Top Gun very frustrating and time consuming