Reviews for "The Adventures of Kincaid (Tech Demo)"

it is a pretty solid attempt. I am not sure you really even need the minor "lewd" content, I guess that helps with marketing. Tracking current progress, some sort of ranged weapon or a roll ability would be a nice addition, also music and a pause feature.

A solid start, but a little lacking for a feel of progress. I mean, yeah, I'm exploring new areas, but they're basically the same as the old areas. Admittedly, I didn't finish before dying off. Maybe a small upgrade of some sort fairly early, along the lines of the 'ball' ability in the original Metroid.

you can see the potential, though calling it a "metroidvania" over "platformer" at this stage is questionable. i know it is because it is an early build, but having points of no return is very limiting. i believe once you open the floor in the temple, you cant get back to the other side, and was there really a reason to lock the player in the final room? i cant give a higher rating to a tech demo, but it does have promise if expanded.

CookieDraggy responds:

I agree, it is not much of a metroidvania yet. And it won't be for a good while! Right now we are focusing on building out Kincaid's maneuverability ("What does the character look like at maxed out abilities?") Once we have a fun concept for that we will start mostly from scratch with the level design and start fleshing out the world around her!

Everything is great! Just a bug I encountered was that when you escape the pit with the long fall and fire balls, when I jumped up to get out, I fell back in and tried to jump again. Except this time my character disappeared. Just pointing something out :)

Not to be a douche, but will there be a double jump in the game?

Good find! Thanks!

The game is amazing! But it needs some way to look below you before you jump through a hole because it would be frustrating to jump on spikes accidentally.

CookieDraggy responds:

Yes, the camera is something we will work on. It is way too simplistic right now. The next few builds will focus on Kincaid's maneuverability and the camera system. When we have a fun player character we will focus on fleshing out the world around her more and more!