Reviews for "Delver"

Art is cool and the concept is great, the only thing i would have liked is is there was more of a storyline like characters and stuff.

Really enjoyed this! Fun, short, simple, I beat it on my 3rd try. The first run I didn't really understand what was going on, and I didn't really figure everything out until well into my second run, but by the third go I was getting pretty into it. The most annoying thing to me was that you automatically interact with the machines when you go over them, when I feel like I should have had to press a button to use the machines. Particularly the upgrade machine, I found myself often going up and over the machine just so I didn't have to move the mouse to close the upgrade window.
It felt good to beat it but I didn't feel as though I was particularly rewarded for doing so. An NG medal would have been nice for sure.
Anyway, overall it was a nice game. I liked the art style and enjoyed the time I spent playing. Good work all around!

Meh. There's a bunch of these games out there, and this one is uglier and shallower than most

A pretty fun game with Game Boy-ish inspired graphics! The inspiration from X-Gen's Motherload shows.

While I wish the frame rate could be better (I'm assuming it's due to my own hardware), it plays beautifully as what a retro game should be. My only gripe that it seems to be such a endless grind trying to build up cash just for fuel refills to reduce it to zero.

Regardless of that, medal support would really be great for the game here.

Template88 responds:

The deeper you dig the more valuable the minerals you mine are but the riskier it is. Try finding a few Crystal type minerals and coming back up, you'll find that your delving becomes very profitable.

EDIT:
I decided to give this game another go.

On my first play, I rushed it thinking the top bar on the screen was a timer that you needed to refuel every few seconds and I didn't know it was actually for how many steps you could take before you blew up.
Realizing that this game takes its resource management to another level, I changed my play style accordingly. And I hate to admit...I started to enjoy it.

I have yet to beat the game, but I do have an incentive to keep playing now that I better understand its mechanics.

But, there are still a few gripes I have with it in terms of design.
Like neither of the bars having any icons that tell you what they do.
And although there ARE some sound effects in the game, they're barely noticeable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
OLD REVIEW:
Needs a bit of work.

The goal of the game isn't all that captivating since the game feels very slippery. I also think you might motivate more players to keep playing the game if you give them an end goal like collecting X amount of money/gems or have them try to get a super ore of sorts.

I don't think you're gonna get much players engaged if the only thing there is to do in the game is upgrade the drill...when there's no real reason to.

I also feel like your drilling should have a bit of resistance or friction to it. It would add a lot more to the game, instead of having you go through every block like it was butter.

Some sound effects for drilling into different kinds of rock and acquiring ore would also have benefited the game.

There's also a few bugs I came across like being stuck in the upgrade station at times, and not being able to move anywhere else but up and left. Which can be a pain when trying to get back to the refuel station on low fuel levels.

I could see this game being a nice time waster when you want to play something simple and short. But the flaws I mentioned really take a lot out of the enjoyment I could have had with game.

Template88 responds:

Try reaching the center of the planet and seeing whats there waiting for you