Reviews for "Delver"

This game looks like a raw game engine enveloped with a minimal interface allowing to actually play it. Good things are, it runs smoothly (although controls could be more fluent), the map is well generated with fair balance between resources and obstacles. The gameboy look is a matter of taste; it looks fairly well and is nicely animated. On the other hand - there are harsh rules (you run out of fuel->restart), no info about resource value; one has to try himself selling single pieces. Also the shop is implemented halfbaked - if one picks a better upgrade first and then something cheaper, he experiences a downgrade to that cheaper option (and after purchase the better is locked; sorry)... it's a fairly good start, although there is a long way before You to create some *really* considerable games. I'll look forward to see how You'll improve and what more will You create. Good luck!

incoherent design.

fuel flies down rapidly even with all but last upgrade in it. don't know what the last upgrade does for it. i just know that i was so disappointed in how NOT empowering the fuel upgrades were that i lost any incentive to play.

but i will go play motherload. cuz this reminded me of the genre. and motherload actually knew how to do it properly.

Template88 responds:

Contrary to what you may think, the fuel upgrades are balanced out to match the depth of the game. You'll find it difficult/impossible to beat the game without upgrading. The fuel levels are pretty significantly spaced, so if you didnt feel a difference, perhaps it was because you were running out of money staying up near the surface? I think you prefer a slower paced version of digging game to this, the fuel runs out faster in this game because the game is much shorter than motherload 8V.

What is this? Oversimplified Motherload??

Read the description.

Love the OG Gameboy look!

I wish I understood what causes you to take damage. Sometimes it makes sense, like when you let yourself fall a long distance, but other times you just suddenly take large amounts of damage for no clear reason.

Template88 responds:

Only falling or running out of fuel will kill you.