Reviews for "Project Uma"

Really enjoyed playing this game. Cute little ninja girl hackin' and slashin' through this alien platformer. I had a lot of fun once I got used to the controls. Music is high-paced fun, narrator is refreshing and a comforting touch. Great pixel art, fun play. =)
-BAM

lives are...almost redundant. i always seem to start from the checkpoint and the only penalty i get is my score and arrows being gone. but hey i'd rather kick people in the nuts than not see the action from the thirteenth floor (after all, that's why doom 2016 is my kind of game). but other than that, it's a really great game that gets me hooked right from the start! keep it up!

Starting with the old premise of an escaping experiment (-0.5), Project Uma offers a retro platformer. It has good music, fun sound effects, and cute graphics. However, for a ninja game, the controls feel sluggish, and the character graceless (-0.5). The enemies are hard to hit, brutally so. In fact, it's easier to wait for the bats to come level with the player, than to actively attack. Relying on such tactics may have endearing back in the retro days, but modern designers can know better (-1). Should a powerful ninja wait for an enemy to line up? Also, there was a bug in which a bat became invincible on level 2 (-1). Finally, the game did not explain throwing, and sometimes I did not know what powerups did (-0.5).

I think a short tutorial and smoother controls would have made this a fun game.

This game is very cool! I especially love the wall-climbing mechanic. Great work!

Edit: The music is AMAZING!

This is a fantastic game. I only played for a few minutes and I was hooked. The music is catchy (and somehow appropriate XD ) and the plot is interesting. I like the narrator- makes me wonder why the mysterious voice is helping. The controls are simple too! Excellent job re-creating a game of"ye olde game"- I look forward to more!