Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Inherit"

what an amazing game !! thank you!! im 38 years old so this brings me back to so many good games like maniac mansion , day of the tentacle, kings quest! thank you so much for your enormous effort !! A+++++!!!

Thank you very much!
I'm glad I've brought back good memories! :)

Nice game. Thanks for the walkthrough to make life easier.

Thank you!

I love the atmosphere and story! I also love how the font used in the story at beginning and end looks like that of DOS games.

I would like to give some constructive feedback about the controls: while the graphics and atmosphere are great, the controls are a bit annoying.

Why do you need to switch to "move" mode at all to click an arrow? Imho no matter what "mode" you're in, clicking the arrow is pretty obvious that you want to move.

There is inconsistency with the controls too, making it even worse! Some books put you in "move" mode and require move to exit, other books instead don't require a mode and have a simple exit button. Then, some doors show they're locked with "d", others show they're locked with "s". And then some things like the fireplace do "move" but still require the "d" action. It's so confusing sometimes ;p

I think the controls can be improved as follows:
-eliminate the "move" mode entirely. Instead, clicking any arrow/door/... moves you no matter what "mode"
-have an "automatic" mode, the one that is now the cursor without symbol that does nothing I suppose, in automatic mode, it "action" if it has action, "see" if it has no action, or force "see" if you hold shift for example.
-or alternatively, have no modes at all, just make regular click to move/see, and shift+click/right click (or long click on mobile devices but please not on pc) to do action, or vice versa. Or something like that. Anything that prevents unnecessary mode switching.

Maybe look at how Monkey Island did the controls :)

Nirag responds:

Thank you for the review and the feedback!
Yes, I've looked for a font that would be like the one used in old DOS games!
I'm sending you a PM to ask some details!

Good game like the ending music

Thank you!

i really enjoyed how the story unfolded. for anyone that's wondering how to get the password to the attic door, aunt lydia mentions in her diary that yorick set the password to the attic door to the tempo of her favorite song. while that song isn't actually mentioned anywhere in the game, if you examine the metronome in the music room, it's stuck between allegro and vivace. musicians use a metronome when practicing to help them play on beat. the position it's stuck at is the tempo of her favorite song, since she would have played that song the most and set the metronome to that tempo the most often. and ill let you figure out the rest from there. very clever clue to hide the password. would have given it 5 stars just for that beautiful little clue. awesome game, and i look forward to the next.

Thank you very much!