Reviews for "Inherit"

Great game.

Thank you!

Good game like the ending music

Thank you!

I love the atmosphere and story! I also love how the font used in the story at beginning and end looks like that of DOS games.

I would like to give some constructive feedback about the controls: while the graphics and atmosphere are great, the controls are a bit annoying.

Why do you need to switch to "move" mode at all to click an arrow? Imho no matter what "mode" you're in, clicking the arrow is pretty obvious that you want to move.

There is inconsistency with the controls too, making it even worse! Some books put you in "move" mode and require move to exit, other books instead don't require a mode and have a simple exit button. Then, some doors show they're locked with "d", others show they're locked with "s". And then some things like the fireplace do "move" but still require the "d" action. It's so confusing sometimes ;p

I think the controls can be improved as follows:
-eliminate the "move" mode entirely. Instead, clicking any arrow/door/... moves you no matter what "mode"
-have an "automatic" mode, the one that is now the cursor without symbol that does nothing I suppose, in automatic mode, it "action" if it has action, "see" if it has no action, or force "see" if you hold shift for example.
-or alternatively, have no modes at all, just make regular click to move/see, and shift+click/right click (or long click on mobile devices but please not on pc) to do action, or vice versa. Or something like that. Anything that prevents unnecessary mode switching.

Maybe look at how Monkey Island did the controls :)

Nirag responds:

Thank you for the review and the feedback!
Yes, I've looked for a font that would be like the one used in old DOS games!
I'm sending you a PM to ask some details!

I really enjoyed the old-school graphics and the supernatural atmosphere. Like another reviewer said, the entire game seems like only a small event in a world filled with supernatural entities that definitely exist among us mortals - definitely cool. The mysterious introduction pulled me in and kept me there - I really wanted to see a happy ending for your poor aunt and uncle.
I found the controls (switching between moving, seeing and using) a tad bit annoying, but not terrible or impossible to use.
Some suggestions:
1. The shed's location was not obvious, I didn't know that it existed a screen away from the graveyard, or even that it existed until I looked at the walkthrough.
2. I was collecting all these ingredients for the ritual, not knowing what I needed - because I didn't know that more text tucked away inside that hidden book.
Maybe it was just me, but those two things completely flew over my head and made the game harder and longer for no good reason.
Overall, this is a great point and click game that I will recommend to my friends.

Nirag responds:

Thank you very much for the review and the feedback!!

Impossible for me to solve without the walkthrough, as there are too many unintuitive steps.

Nirag responds:

Probably the difficulty curve is a bit too steep... I've yet to master that.
Thank you for the feedback!