Reviews for "Friday Night Death Slot"

A game with a good potential, but the controls are a bit annoying and the walls are unnecessarily sticky, making it frustrating to move around fast enough. Also the levels design makes it a bit unclear whether something is a platform or not. You recommend using controllers, but the game should be also tested with keyboard controls as well. The LAN Adapter Not Included medal does not seem to work.

Great idea, and could be a huge hit, but booooooy, it has a lot of things to improve, like, I don't even know where to start. Basically, you would have to remade this game from scratch. I know that there is an assist mode, but it doesn't fix the problems with this game in terms of balance, controls, and basically everything else.

But you're certainly onto something great and legendary.

despediteerik responds:

Hey, "fuckoffasshole"! This was made for a game jam and the feedback I got was basically about the game's difficulty, which I tried to fix with Assist Mode in an update - the Newgrounds commenters are being more unbiased and giving me a lot of good pointers on which areas to improve.
Controls is an area which I see a lot of people are struggling on, and I'll make sure to tighten those up before getting started with (more) level design in a future update, or remake of the game as you suggested. Thank you for playing, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

great idea but needs some fine tuning such as fixing some of the hit boxes on the ground since certain platforms cause you to fall through them, But the time and audience based limiters does give the player options of quickly running through the level or trying to keep the audience happy with risky moves and last minute jumps.

So either play it risky or play it safe, I hope to see how the game develops in the future.

thank GOD there's an assist mode but still oh my mother of mercy i cannot get more than 5 in regular lol

So I played it like 2 days ago and got really stuck at some point. I came back today and played it again. In fact it's a bit addictive :)
However there is a lot of frustrative moments that could well being scrapped in my own opinion. But if it's the view you had for your game then so be it, I tried to play it as you conceived it :)
Also I like the game in some extent, I like the graphics, the gameplay, the frustrating moments where you die and have either the die sounds or the countdown that actually says you are going to die.
At first I wondered why it would be that sound, but then i got used to it and I laughed each time I would die.
The die sound which is similar of the die sound after the countdown, makes it funny because you expect to die at the 6 seconds, but then you take some spikes and die without hearing the countdown, so it surprises you. I called that the "Jaws effect" just like in the movie Jaws.
In some levels, you wonder how the hell would you pass it, and then after trying so much and dying so much you realize the pattern.
It could be funnier, but I have not the resiliance to try it all.
Although there are some frustrating elements as pointed above like the fact that if you going too much to the left you die falling and this is too much punitive, at least make a wall block. I saw myself too much die in the emptyness attempting to gather a green coin at the start of the level.
The lights does hurt you but their visual compared to spikes are rather looking as part of the platforms, therefore it's easy to ignore them.
In some level you can endlessly loops by gathering three coins and die, again and again.
Jumps are a bit sloppy, the hitbox of your character doesn't match his position when he is grabbing an angle platform, which is confusing because you wonder which side you going to jump when you see your character holding onto 30/40 thin air. And well there is a lot of other improvements (putting coins in a death pit doesn't actually serves a purpose because dying is part of the gameplay in this case)

However well, the game is dynamic and fast so playing it feels funny at some point when you take it easy and i like the variety ot the scenes, although some where repeated right after moving on, giving you a feeling of "Didn't I just did this one?". It's good to rage a little then stop. But it doesn't make me want to pursue a better score.
Again for a game jam game I think it's pretty solid :)