Reviews for "Blizzard Benevolence"

Quite the enjoyable game. I had a lot of fun with it. Nice and short, but it has a lot to cover. Merry Christmas.

Aprime responds:

Very interesting, it's a nice straightforward platformer. The music is good an mellow which helps keep the feeling low-stress without feeling out of place. The visuals fit nicely with everything else and give the whole thing a nice warm cozy feeling.

That's good to hear! :)

Pretty nice, bit of a bug happened. The first time I played and finished, I got to the party in under 1 minute but didn't get the medal for doing that but instead I got every other medal in the game even though I didn't do what was even needed for the other medals.

UPDATE:
Okay, so for me the "Get to the tea party in less than a minute" medal is broken. I've played 3 times now and each time I've gotten there in between 35 to 40 seconds and the medal hasn't unlocked yet.

Aprime responds:

Alright, I've found the cause. It shouldn't happen now. Thanks!

I like the main character design. I would change the inability to backtrack at certain points as it does nothing to add to the games difficulty. I found certain obstacle interactions a little strange as i was able to double jump at seeming random areas of the game. It is possible the game perceived an obstacle that wasn't there? I would start the music loop after you press start so the fade-out doesn't happen at a weird time during the game. for me it faded out at 58 seconds remaining. Overall, decent submission and groovy tune.

Aprime responds:

Yep, unfortunately the music isn't faded out through gameplay mechanics but because that song doesn't loop :(

You're right about the backtracking, I'll bear that in mind for future releases!

good. the animation is well done and the characters do look charming. the controls are a bit slippery, the platforming detection is a bit odd. overall though its okay. the music is very well done

Aprime responds:

Yeah you're right, I'll bear that in mind