Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Planaris 2"

-too many levels
-some of the levels are retarded
-constant spam of locks and their placement in crucial spots
-the planning is ridiculously limited, the game should be called "improvisaris"
-getting the star requirements is slow, tedious and arduous task, then you get to 68k points out of 70k required, and then fuck you player, you lose
-as a matter of fact 98% of objectives are "get the amount of points" which is boring
-no restart option, instead I have to go through the boring gameover screen
-no challenge whatsoever, pure luck

I started playing this last year but them my school blocked newgrounds and i love this game ok i hate it at the same time

I have a definite love/hate relationship with this game. That, of course, means that it's a marvelous puzzle. It's both challenging and highly addictive.

I'd be happier, though, if the placement of the locks and the order in which the pieces are given were genuinely random. I wouldn't mind the strategically-placed, plan-spoiling locks so much if my "opponent" weren't able to hand me the the most useless shapes. The order can't possibly be random when the algorithm shoots me four consecutive 2x2 pieces.

Yes, a good puzzle game needs to be challenging. A good challenge involves frustration. But there is such a thing as stacking the deck too thoroughly.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!

I have a little problem though: The colors are sometimes equal to the color of the block. For example, If the blocks are red, the background sometimes becomes too red to distinguish the blocks.

BryceSummer responds:

Thanks for the review! If you're having problems with the colored background blending in, there is an option in the settings to disable it :).

Amazing reinvention of Tetris!

[edit] I have to change my opinion, from 5 stars to 2.5 stars. For one simple reason: The 'random' appearances of the locks doesn't seem to be random at all, it's the opposite, it seems like they appear directly at the places you don't want them to appear to. There are like 20 free spaces, and EVERY SINGLE TIME it appears in the one space that makes you lose a level. If it weren't for that, i would indeed call this amazing, but not it's "It's okay, could be better"
Frustration features are NEVER a good practice in games