It's short... But long enough to give some criticism and praise:
On the plus side:
- Beautiful arts.
- A sense of a "bigger world" coming in.
On the minus side:
- Though I love RPG with big ambiance, sometimes, there is too much narration (during the fights, typically... No one would speak that much while fighting a squeletton or while fleeing)
- The two first person are... Farmers ? In that dress ? Really ? XD
- A bit too much exposition. The game's lore seems rich ? Good. The game wants to show it all in your face giving you hundreds of details the characters should already know ? "OMG, an order of paladins ?" Bad.
- The reaction of the paladin about the temple isn't logical. "Oh, there's a temple hidden near the capital from where the squelettons rise and attack us ? Sure, I won't tell my order or anyone about it". At least, that would make more sense if the paladin was clearly in need of something from the temple right away.
At that point (since I can't exactly have more to comment on), I'd advise to make the dialogue more... Fluid. Less descriptive.
"We need to run back home, fast !"
"No, they might follow us there, too dangerous. To the city, it's not that far !"
And there it is... it's shorter and it feels more natural, more in tone with the urgency of the situation. No need to explain why it's better to go to the city, the player can figure it out. And if exposition is really needed... Don't do it during a fight scene.