Reviews for "itsallinyourheaditsallinyourheaditsallinyourheaditsallinyourheaditsallinyourheaditsallinyourheaditsa"

From my perspective this portrays anxiety extremely well.

But just to make sure, is the game meant to suddenly go completely static once I reach that fairly narrow point? Or did I mess something up?

Great another unity-based game, lets check it out

Woah. I can feel what this game means
it's very short but meaningful
I can't think of anything good to say so its cool

I wouldn't say that this is nothing tho.

Yeah baby, the king is back... The king of, as you quite exhaustively put it yourself sometime ago, pretentious art games. I've always had a soft spot for your work, and not only for One Chance, which is objectively your best and most thought out game, and this one certainly has the same penmanship.

The aesthetic is both the main draw and the focus of the game. I quite dig the wedard-nattramn-shining-depressive suicidal black metal song presented here, which sets the pacing and the tone (now i have to give those Liturgy guys a listen), and it does compliment the bleaky visuals, with vibrant colours being a bit overused in my opinion (would've been better to underline the inevitable crescendo style, but whatevs). The art itself is in general decent, if a bit on a rushy side.

As a person who's pretty much not liable to panic attacks, depression and whatnot, i think the work has given me a great representation of anxiety as being this vibrant irrational panic associated with others' (subjective or not) opinion. The feeling's most rampant outside of one's comfort zone and usually causes oneself to be (quite literally in this case) immersed and submerged in it, with absolutely no way of escaping it... then again, maybe I'm overthinking this, and it's just pretentious bullcrap, who knows. Still, that's the aspect of the game i like the most: the allegories (well, one allegory to be precise) just work.

But the gameplay itself leaves a ton to be desired. I wouldn't call this a walking simulator per se, but there's barely any activity (be it gameplay elements or even choices like in your previous works) influenced by the player. As far as i'm concerned, having played this about 10 times (whatimdoingwithmylife), there are no alternative endings, and hiding from the eyes' gaze doesn't do a thing (wouldn't it be cool if the depth of the metaphorical "sea" would be influenced by the amount of "justice" you would've recieved? That would've conveyed the message better in my humble opinion). Add an artificial time limit, and you have a game with no clear objective (unless you just rush it. The time's barely enough to get into a cave, and you certainly won't get to it the first time around, thanks to a bit clunky controls). There are no threats, not much of a danger for such an agressive pacing, and the ending's just... abrupt and not as satisfactory. You get the same noise screen regardless of what you do. Maybe that's a matter of fatalism, maybe of laziness, who knows.

Overall, as a "break" game, it was quite ok for its message, but it still lacks some focus and clarity. 6/10.

Also haha, benis :DDDDDD

its all in your head?

I absolutely hated but also loved this.

I hate it because being a person with pretty bad anxiety, all the lights and colors and sounds and especially going from essentially silence to something so jarring actually almost threw me into a panic attack
but gotta say I loved it because it was really surreal and creepy and I kind of adore that aesthetic.. and well it was a good depiction of anxiety.