Reviews for "Enchanted Path"

The controls are off from what I'd expect from an isometric game, and the difficulty of 26 was insane compared to the other levels. It was fun though, I'd like to see more.

I fell and teleported at the same time causing my player to get stuck in air and become a fidget spinner.

This game was fun to play.
The bad part about this game is level 26, which is so utterly difficult compared to the other levels. I had to run to the goal after the other ''player'' died. Because I don't instantly lose after one of my ''players'' dies. So I had to exploit to finish level 26. I'll still attempt to finish it properly, even without a guide.

Still a nice puzzle game.

The game has interresting mechanics in some of the later levels, but the controls are really difficult. The game might benefit from a simple top down view as opposed to its current isometric one.

It's a nice little puzzle game, but it isn't much more than a "meh" out of 10. I feel you could have done more with the mechanics you presented since the game was a tad short and most levels were overly easy (with the exception of 1 or 2 levels).

There are also some notorious flaws with the game that make it less enjoyable than it should have been:

* Difficulty progression is poorly thought out, there are a few difficulty spikes with very interesting levels that are surrounded by bafflingly easy ones. The biggest example is level 26 (which is arguably the hardest one to figure out) being then followed by level 27 which is far easier and then 3 levels that feel they should have been placed within the first 10.

* Diagonal controls make for a pleasing aesthetic, but also make for confusing keyboard controls if done incorrectly, pressing up and going in an unintuitive diagonal up-left is just bad control design. You could've made it so you actually had to press up + left to go in that direction and it would have worked perfectly. I ended up using the click controls due to how confusing is adapting to keyboard controls.

And here are some minor nitpicks:

* I had to re-do levels 26 to 30 multiple times because the medals weren't working.

* Level 26 has a bug were if you step out of a cage right into a pit the puppet gets frozen mid-air until you step on a purple switch. It doesn't affect the solution though.

* The flat grey background is super boring and doesn't fit the soothing music and simple graphics. There is no need to make a complicated background, but a few colors and effects here and there wouldn't hurt. Idea: make the background change colors as you progress through the game so the player has a better sense of progression.

The good stuff:

* Gameplay elements are intuitive and easy to get into but with the potential to make more complex puzzles in the future.

* The simple graphics, music and sound effects are very pleasant and fit perfectly the tone you wanted to give the game.

It's a decent game, but with it's defects and unexplored potential I can't give it more than a 5/10.