Reviews for "Enchanted Path"

Looks cool! But. Dude, i can't deal with the load time. It'll take forever to load!

I agree with most of the other comments. The puzzle mechanics are really nice, although I get the feeling that they could be expanded upon a lot more -- there are thirty levels in the game but it almost felt like there was more tutorial than actual challenge (counting the levels after 26 as tutorial). Graphics are nice although some sort of a face would probably have made it a bit better and music was a plus.

Level 26 was pretty evil if it's supposed to be finished the way I did it, and probably how davidpuralocura did. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but it's sure to make some people rage. And 19 can be passed either with a "correct" looking approach or an approach that looks like it should be a fail but takes you to the next level (moves for the failwin approach are DR UL UR DR UR UR UR).

I agree with ercjaeb that I think it'd be nice if we could see where the exit will appear, and ideally also things that make effects unambiguous like where platforms will appear if you walk on a platform that makes them appear, and where teleporters will take you. And if we could see the entire map without moving the character around. But those are small nitpicks.

I didn't have any issues with using arrow keys to control diagonal movement and thought it seemed pretty natural. This might be a case where most people think it's just fine and don't bother to comment about it, while people who it's an issue for are going to comment about it.

And I need to go wash my brain after reading that comment by Thefemaledude, especially with that username.

It would be nice if the would-be exit was marked before it appears. Also, level 26 feels like it should be later.

Not a bad game, good music, Level 26 was my limit though.

It's a nice little puzzle game, but it isn't much more than a "meh" out of 10. I feel you could have done more with the mechanics you presented since the game was a tad short and most levels were overly easy (with the exception of 1 or 2 levels).

There are also some notorious flaws with the game that make it less enjoyable than it should have been:

* Difficulty progression is poorly thought out, there are a few difficulty spikes with very interesting levels that are surrounded by bafflingly easy ones. The biggest example is level 26 (which is arguably the hardest one to figure out) being then followed by level 27 which is far easier and then 3 levels that feel they should have been placed within the first 10.

* Diagonal controls make for a pleasing aesthetic, but also make for confusing keyboard controls if done incorrectly, pressing up and going in an unintuitive diagonal up-left is just bad control design. You could've made it so you actually had to press up + left to go in that direction and it would have worked perfectly. I ended up using the click controls due to how confusing is adapting to keyboard controls.

And here are some minor nitpicks:

* I had to re-do levels 26 to 30 multiple times because the medals weren't working.

* Level 26 has a bug were if you step out of a cage right into a pit the puppet gets frozen mid-air until you step on a purple switch. It doesn't affect the solution though.

* The flat grey background is super boring and doesn't fit the soothing music and simple graphics. There is no need to make a complicated background, but a few colors and effects here and there wouldn't hurt. Idea: make the background change colors as you progress through the game so the player has a better sense of progression.

The good stuff:

* Gameplay elements are intuitive and easy to get into but with the potential to make more complex puzzles in the future.

* The simple graphics, music and sound effects are very pleasant and fit perfectly the tone you wanted to give the game.

It's a decent game, but with it's defects and unexplored potential I can't give it more than a 5/10.